• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

problems backing up dvd "the illusionist"

calin1

help please . i have the latest anydvd 6.1.2.3 and clonedvd 2903 i tried backing up the illusionist and it freezes up when going to sound area any ideas?? thanks

in clonedvd audio and subtitle settings it freezes up at 62 % then stops totally

this is the first time i have had a problem with it .

in clonedvd audio and subtitle settings it freezes up at 62 % then stops totally

You mean the quality bar in Clondvd2 2.9.0.3 shows 62% in the "audio and subtitle setting" screen?

Clonedvd2 isn't supposed to start burning yet. You're supposed to click "next".

If you can't click next, I have no idea what the problem is.

What region is the disc in? Have you tried cleaning it?
Is the disc scratched?

I've never had Clonedvd just freeze on me.

No error message is shown?

Anyway, since this is probably a problem with Clonedvd (or the original disc) that you're having, I'll move the this thread to the Clonedvd forum.

Last edited:
i clicked next and i got it to the go button then it starts to do what it normally does but the a box pops up and says data error in vts_03_4.vob read error? ive looked at disc seems ok

Try copying it to the hard drive with Explorer and then use CloneDVD to burn the disk from there.
edit : When ever I do that I play the disk using PowerDVD before I burn it.
If the disk really has a problem of some sort it will show up then.

Last edited:
i clicked next and i got it to the go button then it starts to do what it normally does but the a box pops up and says data error in vts_03_4.vob read error? ive looked at disc seems ok

What region are you in?

Region 1 can be backed up fully using the latest versions of Anydvd and Clonedvd2. If you're outside of region 1, do step 8 from
http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=321

I would try cleaning the disc. Otherwise, I would lean in the direction that there's a problem with the original disc.

Just to let you all know, I made a copy of THE ILLUSIONIST yesterday with DVD Shrink only!!!
Good old Shrink!!!...:D

Last edited:
Just to let you all know, I made a copy of THE ILLUSIONIST yesterday with DVD Shrink only!!!
Good old Shrink!!!...:D

Yeah, this isn't a protection issue. Everything can handle it, but I haven't seen information on this disc outside of region 1.

Definitely sounds like a problem with the original disc. A scratch or smudge or even a manufacturing defect that can't be seen. Return the disc and try a new. I backed it up without a problem. It's a great movie, by the way.

Yeah, this isn't a protection issue. Everything can handle it, but I haven't seen information on this disc outside of region 1.

It has only CSS protection (Region 2 - Portugal)! I enabled AnyDVD only to see what kind of protection was on it. Then I disabled it and made a backup copy with DVD Shrink only!

It has only CSS protection (Region 2 - Portugal)! I enabled AnyDVD only to see what kind of protection was on it. Then I disabled it and made a backup copy with DVD Shrink only!

Thank you for the info.

Definitely sounds like a problem with the original disc. A scratch or smudge or even a manufacturing defect that can't be seen. Return the disc and try a new. I backed it up without a problem. It's a great movie, by the way.

Now imagine if all dvd industries could find a way to make all playable but defective discs which would prevent us to make backup copys! :doh: What could we do about it? That could start a new war!:agree:

Last edited:
Thank you for the info.

You're welcome Webslinger!...
...And congratulations!!!:clap: You have reached more than 1000 posts in less than 1 month! That's more than 40 posts per day!!! If I'm right nobody beats you on posting!!!:D I wish I had time to post more!

Last edited:
You're welcome Webslinger!...
...And congratulations!!!:clap: You have reached more than 1000 posts in less than 1 month! That's more than 40 posts per day!!! If I'm right nobody beats you on posting!!!:D I wish I had time to post more!

The number of posts don't matter. Helping people does . . .

The number of posts don't matter. Helping people does . . .

I must disagree on that! The number of posts shows you help a lot!!!:agree: That was my point!

Last edited:
thanks alot i returned the dvd for a new one at walmart works fine now.

Back