• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Could new AnyDVD beta help my problem?

coyotesupergenius

Hi !

I've been going through the stickys & FAQs to try & resolve my issue, but have some questions. Please bear with me.:bowdown:

I have an ATAPI DVD W DH16W1P burner. It's brand-new & a replacement for a dead burner.As far a I know, the firmware (version No. LA11, according to AnyDVD) is the latest. I can find no information anywhere on the web as to who makes the burner or how to find an updated firmware.

Recently,upon loading a disc & running AnyDVD (latest version 6.4.2.2) the program displays " no disc in drive". No changes have been made to the computer. Reboots & reloads make no difference. The same discs load fine in the same version of AnyDVD on my laptop. (Licensed version of software, used seperately on both machines)

There are no logs I can send because Any DVD does not appear to detect the disc. The burner is about 6-7 weeks old & has been running AnyDVD with no issues up to now.:bang:

Have checked my firewall settings & AnyDVD is an "allowed" source. Running Norton 360 ver 2.1.0.55. No difference with firewall and or/antivirus on or off.:confused:

The advice on the stickys suggests I try & uninstall/reinstall AnyDVD & check the drive. With this in mind, I have a couple of questions...

1.If AnyDVD is uninstalled is there any way to export, save & reimport the CSS Key archive ?

2. Have noted the release of several beta AnyDVD releases this week. Would it be of any use to install the latest version (6.4.2.6, I believe) to see if this could resolve my issue?

3. Would you have any knowledge of this particular burner with regards to locating manufacturer & firmware?

Any advice on my questions or suggestions I could try would be appreciated.

Thanks for your patience ! :bowdown:

Jim H.
St.John's, Newfoundland-Canada
The oldest city in North America!

Hi !

I've been going through the stickys & FAQs to try & resolve my issue, but have some questions. Please bear with me.:bowdown:

I have an ATAPI DVD W DH16W1P burner. It's brand-new & a replacement for a dead burner.As far a I know, the firmware (version No. LA11, according to AnyDVD) is the latest. I can find no information anywhere on the web as to who makes the burner or how to find an updated firmware.

Recently,upon loading a disc & running AnyDVD (latest version 6.4.2.2) the program displays " no disc in drive". No changes have been made to the computer. Reboots & reloads make no difference. The same discs load fine in the same version of AnyDVD on my laptop. (Licensed version of software, used separately on both machines)

There are no logs I can send because Any DVD does not appear to detect the disc. The burner is about 6-7 weeks old & has been running AnyDVD with no issues up to now.:bang:

Have checked my firewall settings & AnyDVD is an "allowed" source. Running Norton 360 ver 2.1.0.55. No difference with firewall and or/antivirus on or off.:confused:

The advice on the stickys suggests I try & uninstall/reinstall AnyDVD & check the drive. With this in mind, I have a couple of questions...

1.If AnyDVD is uninstalled is there any way to export, save & reimport the CSS Key archive ?

2. Have noted the release of several beta AnyDVD releases this week. Would it be of any use to install the latest version (6.4.2.6, I believe) to see if this could resolve my issue?

3. Would you have any knowledge of this particular burner with regards to locating manufacturer & firmware?

Any advice on my questions or suggestions I could try would be appreciated.

Thanks for your patience ! :bowdown:

Jim H.

You should just Disable the CSS Key archive
It'll cause more trouble than it's worth

Did you set the Drive Region ?

:)

You should just Disable the CSS Key archive
It'll cause more trouble than it's worth

Did you set the Drive Region ?

:)

Hi !

No changes have been made to the region settings...

Checked AnyDVD settings & Device Manager (running XP Professional SP2)

[B]Both are still set to Region 1-USA & CANADA.[/B]

I can disable the CSS Archive if needed. Could you elaborate on why it's troublesome ?

Thanks for your suggestions...any other thoughts are more than welcome!:bowdown::bowdown:

Jim H.
St. John's,Newfoundland-Canada
The oldest city in North America !

I can disable the CSS Archive if needed. Could you elaborate on why it's troublesome ?

If Anydvd get a css key wrong, Anydvd will continue to get the css key wrong each and every time you insert that same dvd if the css key archive is enabled. It's best to leave it disabled.

You need to uninstall Anydvd and check to see if your drive can see the disc. If it can't your issue has absolutely nothing to do with Anydvd.

Last edited:
Css Disable

The CSS Archive is problematic in that if AnyDVD chooses an incorrect key and logs it in, the incorrect key will always be the default setting. In the 2 yrs plus of using AnyDVD I have only needed the CSS archive once to enable the play through of one disc in the SHOAH set for Backup.

If Anydvd get a css key wrong, Anydvd will continue to get the css key wrong each and every time you insert that same dvd if the css key archive is enabled. It's best to leave it disabled.

You need to uninstall Anydvd and check to see if your drive can see the disc. If it can't your issue has absolutely nothing to do with Anydvd.

Thanks , Webslinger, Shannon & Sondeterra.....:clap:

Will disable the CSS Key, uninstall, check the drive & reinstall

Any thoughts on my other questions.(see OP top thread...software & firmware)

Should I use the beta (6.4.2.6) for the reinstall even if it's an HD release ?:)

Jim H.

You should use 6.4.2.6 beta; it's not just an update for HD material. This is how you use Anydvd properly (and if you follow all the steps listed in step 5, your questions will be answered). That said, if the drive can't see the disc, then no version of Anydvd is going to help you.

1. Use Anydvd 6.4.2.6 beta: click http://sandbox.slysoft.com/beta/SetupAnyDVD6426.exe

You may need to reboot after installing if prompted to do so.

2. Click the red fox icon on your toolbar. Click "default". Click "ok".

3. If you use DVDShrink, Nero Recode, or programs that generally can't handle structural protections, right-click on the fox icon on your toolbar and select "Rip video-dvd to Hard Disk". Choose your source and destination paths. Click "Copy", and wait for Anydvd ripper to finish. You can then import that rip into whatever program you want. This is an important step if the original disc contains structural protection.

click http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=3992 and read fully

You don't need to do this if you own Clonedvd or are planning to make a backup with Clonecd.

4. Use Clonedvd 2.9.1.7: click http://static.slysoft.com/SetupCloneDVD2917.exe

5. Follow the steps from this link in order: click http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=476 (follow them step by step)

If you're using +R DL blank discs, I recommend using Clonecd: click http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=327

6. If you still have problems, then . . .

A)
a) Ensure Anydvd is running.
b) Put the problematic original movie dvd in your burner. Wait for Anydvd to scan the disc.
c) Right click the red fox icon on your toolbar.
d) Select "Create Logfile"
e) Wait for Anydvd to create a log file.
f) A pop-up screen will appear. Take note of the location where Anydvd created the logfile and the logfile's name. Click "ok".
g) Go to your My Documents folder
h) You will see a zip file called "Anydvd_Info_titleofmydisc.zip" (or something similar; see step f)
i) When replying or posting in the Slysoft forums, look for the icon that looks like
attach.gif
(in other words, look for the paperclip after clicking "quote" or when creating a new thread)
j) If you don't see that paperclip icon, click the "go advanced" button. You should see that icon now. Click the paperclip.
k) A small pop-up screen should appear (if it doesn't please ensure your browser is enabled to allow pop-ups from the Slysoft forums)
l) Click the "Browse" button, and locate and select the .zip file you created.
m) click "upload"
n) Close the window. When you submit reply, or submit a new thread, the .zip file will be attached automatically for us to take a look at

B) State the full a)error message(s) you encountered (click "details"), b)tell us what program(s) you were using when you received the error message(s), and c) describe in detail what you were doing when you received the error message(s). What problem are you having exactly?

C) Click http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=5091 to see if your question has already been answered

Last edited:
DVD W DH16W1P sounds like an OEM Lite-On.

Thanks Oldjoe:bowdown:

Will try email to LITEON.

Not sure if they will help with an OEM drive.

(It was not purchased by choice, warranty replacement for a defective drive under my desktop's warranty.)

Jim H.

You should use 6.4.2.6 beta; it's not just an update for HD material. This is how you use Anydvd properly (and if you follow all the steps listed in step 5, your questions will be answered). That said, if the drive can't see the disc, then no version of Anydvd is going to help you.

1. Use Anydvd 6.4.2.6 beta: click http://sandbox.slysoft.com/beta/SetupAnyDVD6426.exe

You may need to reboot after installing if prompted to do so.

2. Click the red fox icon on your toolbar. Click "default". Click "ok".

3. If you use DVDShrink, Nero Recode, or programs that generally can't handle structural protections, right-click on the fox icon on your toolbar and select "Rip video-dvd to Hard Disk". Choose your source and destination paths. Click "Copy", and wait for Anydvd ripper to finish. You can then import that rip into whatever program you want. This is an important step if the original disc contains structural protection.

click http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=3992 and read fully

You don't need to do this if you own Clonedvd or are planning to make a backup with Clonecd.

4. Use Clonedvd 2.9.1.7: click http://static.slysoft.com/SetupCloneDVD2917.exe

5. Follow the steps from this link in order: click http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=476 (follow them step by step)

If you're using +R DL blank discs, I recommend using Clonecd: click http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=327

6. If you still have problems, then . . .

A)
a) Ensure Anydvd is running.
b) Put the problematic original movie dvd in your burner. Wait for Anydvd to scan the disc.
c) Right click the red fox icon on your toolbar.
d) Select "Create Logfile"
e) Wait for Anydvd to create a log file.
f) A pop-up screen will appear. Take note of the location where Anydvd created the logfile and the logfile's name. Click "ok".
g) Go to your My Documents folder
h) You will see a zip file called "Anydvd_Info_titleofmydisc.zip" (or something similar; see step f)
i) When replying or posting in the Slysoft forums, look for the icon that looks like
attach.gif
(in other words, look for the paperclip after clicking "quote" or when creating a new thread)
j) If you don't see that paperclip icon, click the "go advanced" button. You should see that icon now. Click the paperclip.
k) A small pop-up screen should appear (if it doesn't please ensure your browser is enabled to allow pop-ups from the Slysoft forums)
l) Click the "Browse" button, and locate and select the .zip file you created.
m) click "upload"
n) Close the window. When you submit reply, or submit a new thread, the .zip file will be attached automatically for us to take a look at

B) State the full a)error message(s) you encountered (click "details"), b)tell us what program(s) you were using when you received the error message(s), and c) describe in detail what you were doing when you received the error message(s). What problem are you having exactly?

C) Click http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=5091 to see if your question has already been answered

Gotcha Webslinger....

Will unstall & try the beta after checking the drive...:rock:

Jim H.

Do other types of CD/DVD work with the drive? In other words, when you insert a data CD/DVD, does it recognize it, or does the drive not recognize anything?

You can try hooking the drive up to a differrent IDE channel/SATA port, and let the system reinstall it as a new drive and see if that works. I've read on Newegg that some SATA DVD burners don't always work well with some systems.

HTH

az_raiden

Last edited:
Back