• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Golden Compass issue - Will not copy.

acx

Hi all, great forum. I saw the Golden Compass issue posted and had my own so I thought I would post.

I watched this movie so I know the DVD does indeed work.

First off I posted (I hope) my log file from my anydvd. I used default settings when trying to burn.

I tried using clone DVD with both compression and no compression with similar results. This is the screenshot of the results.

clonefail.gif

Now the surface of the movie is fine. No scratches or marks - it is brand new.

I did a scan of the DVD and got this (so far as the scan has been going for literally 4 hours).

scanresults.gif

I backed up several other new movies in my collection at the same time so I'm at a loss as to what is shakin with this - again the movie does work. I am in Canada so I can't speak for how our stuff could vary from intl stuff.
thanks alot. :doh:

Attachments

• AnyDVD_Info_E_THE_GOLDEN_COMPASS_WS.zip
    7 KB · Views: 10
Anydvd 6.4.1.2 and Clonedvd 2.9.17 handle this disc perfectly fine.

I watched this movie so I know the DVD does indeed work.

Utterly meaningless
Simply because a disc plays fine doesn't mean it is fine, and your test results indicate you have a bad original disc that needs to be replaced.

NTIDrvr (system32\DRIVERS\NTIDrvr.sys), Version: 1.0.0.6 (1.0.0.6)
Company: NewTech Infosystems, Inc.
Copyright: Copyright (C) 2002 NewTech Infosystems, Inc.
Description: NTI CD-ROM Filter Driver
FileVersion: 1, 0, 0, 6
ProductVersion: 1, 0, 0, 6

That said, you do appear to have some packeting writing junk on your system. NTI FileCD, which is packet writing software, installs this driver. Packet writing software often causes problems with Slysoft software and other software in general. If you want drag-and-drop functionality, use dvd-ram instead, which is more stable.

i) Create a backup of your registry
ii) Download imgburn. It's a free program: http://www.imgburn.com/index.php?act=download
(it's also an excellent program imo)
iii) Go to Tools > Filter Driver Load Order. Select "NTIDrvr". Click "Remove Selected Filter". Click "ok".
iv) Reboot

Ensure that filter I quoted no longer appears in your registry.

Try again. Clean the disc.

Same problem? Then you have a bad original disc that needs to be exchanged (or your drive is slowly dying).

These are your options (in order of likelyhood):

A. The original disc is bad even if it plays fine. Exchange it.

B. The disc is dirty. Clean it.

C. Your drive is slowly dying. Try a different drive.

D. The cable on the back of your drive is bad. Exchange it.

Last edited:
Removal of that file and reboot worked. I'm glad it was not a hardware issue (I had the same issue on a PC and Laptop with this disc).

thanks alot!

what exactly was that New Tech Infosystems filter that you quoted? Sorry if this is a stupid question. Just wondering if I need to look for it.

Back