• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Blue-ray to DVD9

dvd1304

hi fellas...i,m new to the slysoft forum even though i have been using any dvd and clone dvd for a few years now so please excuse me if i,m going over old ground.
i have been collecting blue ray and hd-dvd discs from the usa for a few months now and whilst over there i bought a sony blue ray player and a toshiba hd player.i have read in other forums that it is possible to take a blue ray disc or hd dvd disc and re encode it onto a dvd dl(9) disc.i,m not that bothered about the hd content on the dvd dl disc as i just want to back up my discs so that i can play them on any of our other dvd players in the house or when we are out driving and can put them on for the kids in the back of the car.
could anyone point me in the right direction as to accomplish this please.
i appologise if this has been mentioned before but i have looked quite deeply at the forums and noone mentions what the progarams used for doing this.
many thanks

thanks for your response but i dont want hd quality on my dvd 9 discs.i would like to take the hd away and be left with a normal dvd quality backup...any ideas if this can be done...all i want is a regular dvd9 backup so we can use them on other dvd machines....i cant afford to get blue rays for all our rooms..
cheers

thanks for your response but i dont want hd quality on my dvd 9 discs.i would like to take the hd away and be left with a normal dvd quality backup...any ideas if this can be done...all i want is a regular dvd9 backup so we can use them on other dvd machines....i cant afford to get blue rays for all our rooms..
cheers

how about going and buy the regular DVD instead of the bluray its not logical or possible to take the "HD" out of an HD movie so your onlu option is to get the regular DVD

Nero should also be able to pull that off, as well. It's definitely possible to do it, just recognize that you'll be doing conversions which isn't the fastest thing in the world, but, you're only going to DVD quality so it shouldn't be too bad. ConvertXToDVD works fairly well. I'm not sure it likes HD audio formats though.

Agree with Nero, it should work, but for me it always crashes when opening an m2ts file. Haven't bothered why... Arcsoft TME also seems to do it, but no subs.
For the HD audio you need bring it down to DD (or DTS).

I haven't bothered too much with the going to DVD thing. I might cause neither of my kids have BD players and they're starting to get a little crabby when I tell them my new movies won't play in their rooms. :D I either buy them both a PS3 (um, NO) or see if I can convert some of these.

hi fellas...i,m new to the slysoft forum even though i have been using any dvd and clone dvd for a few years now so please excuse me if i,m going over old ground.
i have been collecting blue ray and hd-dvd discs from the usa for a few months now and whilst over there i bought a sony blue ray player and a toshiba hd player.i have read in other forums that it is possible to take a blue ray disc or hd dvd disc and re encode it onto a dvd dl(9) disc.i,m not that bothered about the hd content on the dvd dl disc as i just want to back up my discs so that i can play them on any of our other dvd players in the house or when we are out driving and can put them on for the kids in the back of the car.
could anyone point me in the right direction as to accomplish this please.
i appologise if this has been mentioned before but i have looked quite deeply at the forums and noone mentions what the progarams used for doing this.
many thanks

Nero 8 seems to choke on m2ts files. It acts like it's gonna work, but then it fails. Once you have an m2ts file that will play in PowerDVD (I have V7.3), then ConvertXtoDVD will work.

P.S. It will even do DVD5

Nero should also be able to pull that off, as well. It's definitely possible to do it, just recognize that you'll be doing conversions which isn't the fastest thing in the world, but, you're only going to DVD quality so it shouldn't be too bad. ConvertXToDVD works fairly well. I'm not sure it likes HD audio formats though.
Haven't had a problem with any HD audio formats yet - unlike TSMuxer which choked on National Treasure 2 downmixing True-HD to AC3 (no audio), ConvertXtoDVD converted it just fine.

Haven't had a problem with any HD audio formats yet - unlike TSMuxer which choked on National Treasure 2 downmixing True-HD to AC3 (no audio), ConvertXtoDVD converted it just fine.

And you're sure it picked up the TrueHD track and not the first core audio track on the disc? My experience has been that it picks up say, track 2 if it's AC3 which tends to be a foreign language track half the time, rather than picking up track 1 which is usually the HD audio english track. I'll admit I've only played with it a couple times so it's possible I screwed something up, but, that's what I remember of my experience.

And you're sure it picked up the TrueHD track and not the first core audio track on the disc? My experience has been that it picks up say, track 2 if it's AC3 which tends to be a foreign language track half the time, rather than picking up track 1 which is usually the HD audio english track. I'll admit I've only played with it a couple times so it's possible I screwed something up, but, that's what I remember of my experience.
Absolutely sure. TSMuxer tells you what track it is (True-HD audio) which is the only way you get the option to downconvert to AC3. ConvertXtoDvd picked up that track - I spent three hours on this title so I know it pretty well (for a two hour movie which we haven't even watched yet - no wonder my wife tells me to get a life). 8)

Track 1 is the True-HD audio, Track 2 (AC3 Eng) is for the Hearing Impaired (Descriptive Audio), Track 3 (AC3 Eng) is Director's Commentary (the rest are foreign languages). Try it yourself - TSMuxer 1.7.6.84 does NOT downconvert the True-HD audio to the AC3 core on this title (it has done it fine on many others). Guess it is time for an update ;) ConvertXtoDvd had no problem.

Last edited:
Interesting. I'll have to play around with that some more. Maybe they've released an update since I last tried. Did you tsmuxer it first? I tried off the original m2ts file and it picked another audio track rather than the truehd track. I was slightly annoyed. :)

I've tried remuxing several blurays with True HD now and used both tsremux and tsmuxer1.84b. Both can downsample the audio ok - but there seems to be no way to keep the True HD audio without downsampling. If the track is demuxed only it either produces a silent track or a continuos buzz.

Interesting. I'll have to play around with that some more. Maybe they've released an update since I last tried. Did you tsmuxer it first? I tried off the original m2ts file and it picked another audio track rather than the truehd track. I was slightly annoyed. :)
Yes, it was the tsMuxer output with just the True-HD audio retained (because tsMuxer downmix to AC3 did not work). Just mounted the original unprotected ISO to check and ConvertXtoDVD does indeed pick up the first (in this case 2ch audio) track as the default when all audio tracks are present.

Yes, it was the tsMuxer output with just the True-HD audio retained (because tsMuxer downmix to AC3 did not work). Just mounted the original unprotected ISO to check and ConvertXtoDVD does indeed pick up the first (in this case 2ch audio) track as the default when all audio tracks are present.

That's interesting. A pain in the ass that they don't let you choose which audio track to select.

Back