• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Question about CloneDVD

littleman

I have two dvd burners on computer and was wondering if i can burn straight from disc to disc or do i have to put the blank disk in once the move has copied ????

really? doesnt clovedvd copy it to a temp file first, then burn it, then delete the temp files? so how would that be different than ripping it first? does it actually copy on the fly. not that its a big deal i guess just curious.

really? doesnt clovedvd copy it to a temp file first, then burn it, then delete the temp files? so how would that be different than ripping it first? does it actually copy on the fly. not that its a big deal i guess just curious.

I rarely use this option but I believe that Write Existing Data does not use a temp dir. If the person really wants to burn from disc back to disc they should do a Clone DVD selection and then select DVD Writer as the output method. CloneDVD will rip the disc to a temp directory and then burn it.

Yeah, you can using "Write Existing Data", but that's a great way to produce poor quality burns.
Why? Assuming you have quality drives and media and a clean system without extraneous processes running then copy on the fly should not produce poor quality burns.

The time saving may be worthwhile for some, and I for one didn't even know it was possible!!

Why? Assuming you have quality drives and media and a clean system without extraneous processes running then copy on the fly should not produce poor quality burns.

No. It can, especially when using ide/atapi burners on the same ide channel. Only one device on any ide channel can be active at one time. As such, this increases the likelihood of engaging buffer underrun protection in your burner if the destination and source drives are on the same ide channel. Starting and stopping the burn process repeatedly is a great method for producing poor quality burns. What I described doesn't apply to Sata ODDs, but there's still a greater chance for errors to occur when burning on the fly.

No. It can, especially when using ide/atapi burners on the same ide channel. Only one device on any ide channel can be active at one time. As such, this increases the likelihood of engaging buffer underrun protection in your burner if the destination and source drives are on the same ide channel. Starting and stopping the burn process repeatedly is a great method for producing poor quality burns. What I described doesn't apply to Sata ODDs, but there's still a greater chance for errors to occur when burning on the fly.
Makes sense. I have a burner on a SATA (Master) channel and a burner (Master) and a rom (slave) on IDE - they are all UDMA5 devices. I wouldn't try using the devices sharing the IDE channel, but I might try using both masters as an experiment. I have a fast and clean system and use quality media (Singapore Verbatim). Saving 15 minutes sounds attractive (but not at the expense of quality burns) ;)

That should be fine, provided you're not burning at 22x or something
LOL - max is 16x for my LG GGC-H20L SATA drive, 18x for my Pioneer 112 IDE drive, and that always gives iffy results in DvdInfoPro. 12x or 8x is enough even on MKM-004 Singapore Verbatim, I think, and only a couple of minutes slower because of CAV writing ;)

Back