• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

V7.3 Vs V8

aj2703

Can anyone tell me why some films play fullscreen on Power DVD 8 but yet i can't do the same on Ver 7.3..?.

It's like a black border all the way round which won't stretch to fit screen or anything.

On some versions like the one I was using 3319a I had to lower the resolution and would get it close but not perfect. the later versions do not have the problem.

As far as I know it is a function both of PowerDVD and your graphics card/driver. Which one do you have?

I have an Asus EAH 3870X2 1 GB...

So you think it might be my card.?.

Why does it go fullscreen with power dvd 8 then..?

what version of pdvd do you have? I also read that with some ati cards, I have a 2600 xt there is something in the registry that you can change I had a thread about this. http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=14502&highlight=thedatman I was never convinced thatthe problem was with the card. All other aplications worked fine even the later versions of pdvd

I had no luck messing around with the registry and simply changed the resolution to 1280x768 but if 8 is working stick with that.

Try setting a widescreen resolution on your monitor, then open PowerDVD in a window, & stetch the window to fit your TV screen, it's what I do to perfectly fit the video to my screen w/ 0% overscan

ocgw

peace

It seems to be both a function of the driver and PowerDVD. When we were having this problem with HD2000 series cards, it did seem to happen in PowerDVD but not other programs, as someone else also mentioned.

So check this post. Check out the VForceMaxResSize registry tweak, and apply it, restart and see if anything changes. It seems it also applies to HD3000 cards.

I ran the tweaker program but still no luck

Try an earlier catalyst (7.11 is the earliest for you´re card)) I had the same problem and I read someplace that a guy had that problem with newer driver, so I rolled back to 7.9 and now I don´t have black bars around the movie

Try an earlier catalyst (7.11 is the earliest for you´re card)) I had the same problem and I read someplace that a guy had that problem with newer driver, so I rolled back to 7.9 and now I don´t have black bars around the movie

I guess your running a dual monitor setup maybe.

just try to invert the monitor sequence Monitor-TV to TV-monitor or just change invert the DVI cables from your ATI. I had the same problem and solved it.

Cheers!

Anndy :)

I guess your running a dual monitor setup maybe.

just try to invert the monitor sequence Monitor-TV to TV-monitor or just change invert the DVI cables from your ATI. I had the same problem and solved it.

Cheers!

Anndy :)

Nope only one monitor

Back