• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

PC Mag Article on AnyDVD HD

The link werks fine from here!! Just go to pcmag.com and click on the news tab..

Worked fine for me. A good read. I'd like an explanation on this however.
One user, "honai," explained that the processing keys are in essence owned by the consumer and subject to fair use, while the SlySoft software crosses a line: "Processing keys are inherent properties of the media, whereas the private host certificate is a document issued to Cyberlink by the AACS-LA," honai wrote. "But I agree on the device key, it's also a proprietary entity that belongs to Cyberlink, and you should have a valid, licensed copy of PowerDVD in order to use it.

"f you buy the media, the drive, and AnyDVD-HD, but you don't have a license for Cyberlink's PowerDVD, why should you be able to use Cyberlink's IP without paying to assist you in ripping/playing the media?

I can see sales for both Slysoft and HDDVD discs going up up up.

Worked fine for me. A good read. I'd like an explanation on this however.

Processing keys are inherent properties of the media, whereas the private host certificate is a document issued to Cyberlink by the AACS-LA

There is a lot of mixup and misunderstanding around this topic.
There is no such thing as a "private host certificate", there is only a "public host certificate" issued to Cyberlink (and another one issued to Intervideo and so on).
This certificate is by no means private or secret, in fact it is transmitted unencrypted over the bus each time you start the player software.

There is though such a thing as a private key associated with this certificate, which indeed is private and secret. And this can be used only to read the volume id from the disc (not decrypt, only read). This key in other words cannot be used for decryption at all.

So be careful, when reading statements like the above. Whole armies of knowlegeable "AACS-gurus" have arosen from this matter, but too many of them just don't get the whole picture. So misinformation spreads on... :(

That was a good read. I took it that they are pissed off at slysoft as bad as doom 9 for this too.

Back