• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Game Jackal 3.0.1.5 crashes

macca

Hi, creating a game profile only gets as far as playing the game and when exiting the game, game jackal always crashes. My os is Vista Ultimate 64 sp1.
I would appreciate any help with this.
Regards macca

Just something you could try. Shut off your virus checker and turn off your firewall when you make the profile. See if still crashes. I know Comodo firewall has caused me some issues B4.

Hi, creating a game profile only gets as far as playing the game and when exiting the game, game jackal always crashes. My os is Vista Ultimate 64 sp1.
I would appreciate any help with this.
Regards macca

I have sent you a PM. Let me know if this is ok.

I'm having this same problem but am using WinXP.

After the game closes and GJ is supposed to finalize the profile, nothing happens. I still see the icon at the bottom right of the screen but if I hover my mouse above it, it disappears. I then have to re-launch GJ.

At this point, I can't create any new profiles. It has only happened with the past two updated (non beta) versions of GJ. The one before that worked fine.

hi Matthew, attached is bug report
regards macca

Last edited by a moderator:
great news matthew, look forward to version 3.0.1.6
macca

Thanks for your help... we have found the problem and it will be fixed for v3.0.1.6 ;)

Hi Matthew. I got your PM. Do you still need me to do a bug report or did you get all the needed info from macca?

It's always helpful to get as much info as possible ;)

Matthew, I sent you a reply PM. I couldn't get the error to happen with the updated exe file you sent.

Let me know if I should do something differently.

game jackal 3.0.1.6 crashes

H i, sadly version 3.0.1.6 crashes just the same in the same way with me as version 3.0.1.5.
regards macca

Hmmm :bang:

Not sure what is now causing the problem. I will PM you with details of a debug version.

hi matthew, new bug report version 3.0.1.6
regards macca

Attachments

• bugreport.zip
    5.4 KB · Views: 8
Matthew, I updated to the .6 version of GJ and tried to create a profile. The problem came right back.

So, I replaced the exe file with the one you had me download the other day and it worked again. There must be something different between the current version .6 and the exe I got. Maybe that is where the solution lies?

Again, I've been unable to get the bug report thing to work so I can't provide one to you unless I get help with making it work.

In the next few hours we are releasing beta v3.0.1.7 which should catch the error and email to us.

Hi Matthew, I have now tried version game jackal 3.0.1.7 beta and it crashes in the same way as 3.0.1.5 and 3.0.1.6. Also it isn't generating a bugreport as I checked game jackal directory. I have attached Vista's problem report if that helps.

regards macca

Attachments

• vista problem report.txt
    558 bytes · Views: 8
Hello Matthew.

Once again GJ is closing itself down when attempting to create a profile with beta v3.0.1.7

There didn't appear to be anything in the GJ directory that looked like an error log. Maybe the logs aren't created on WinXP or something?

Anyway, I replaced the .exe file with the one you had me d/l from the PM and it got through the initial creation launch and no longer closes down. I am getting an abnormal program exit error while trying to create a profile this time. It is for Universe at War Earth Assult. It could be a problem with how that particular game interacts with GJ so I'm going to look around on the forum to see if other people have the problem.

EDIT: I just finished searching around but didn't find anyone having a problem with this title. I've checked the 'Enable Advanced Logging' option under settings and then got a detailed summary.log file. The forum won't allow me to upload it here so I'll attempt to attach it to an email and send it to you.

Last edited:
Argh... all very odd.

Beta v3.0.18 will be up in a couple of hours... please try that :confused:

Hi, Disappointing as it is, the problem of game jackal crashing on game exit continues as well with version 3.0.1.8. also attached Vista error report

Regards macca

Attachments

• game jackal error.JPG
    game jackal error.JPG
    56.2 KB · Views: 5
Thanks for that info.

I will put more logging in the beta v3.0.1.9. Should be out in a day or 2.

Back