• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

what is RegKill.sys

Porker06

This appeared when I installed Any Dvd and I never seen it before. Is it part of the region or a trojan that was installed because I just bought a new computer and installed again but never had any problems. :confused:

This appeared when I installed Any Dvd and I never seen it before. Is it part of the region or a trojan that was installed because I just bought a new computer and installed again but never had any problems. :confused:

The file is a legitimate part of the software. It is not a trojan. I'm not sure of the specific purpose of that file but it's normal.

The driver regkill.sys or also named elbydelay.sys is a helper driver that has something to do with device power management. I will not go into details but there's nothing to worry about.

And no, it has nothing to do with any kind of root-kit, registry hiding/stealth mechanisms or anything else that the name might suggest. It also has nothing to do with licencing or any other kind of stuff. It's just a simple but required lfcd.

I think you'll find that (in this instance) "reg" is short for Region as opposed to registration ...

The name is perfect.

yes, because it replaces the "regkill.sys" driver from the obsolete "DVDRegionKiller", which would severely conflict with AnyDVD.

Back