• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

automatic upgrade please!

max

dear slysofties,

please give us an auto upgrade function for anydvd!

without system restart, please !

thank you very much.

max

As much as it would be an advantage to have no reboot option its not going to happen with windows running the show...

Why? Well have you ever installed a sound card or video card Driver upate. Well its the same concept. When windows has a new Driver that interacts with current stability of the system it needs to reboot to integrate the new driver while the device isn't running...

Anydvd is a Driver Layer (an inter opt) between your ripper and the DVD drive so when it updates the driver inter opt file it has to reboot to update...

Anyhow I do agree an auto update is a good idea... But the reboot is necessity...

a system restart is always a good idea for a proper instillation! of any software required or not.
JMHO!

Im happy with the update prompt because sometimes I wouldnt want to have to restart my computer if I didnt want to right then. But as long as its a option that I didnt have to select, that would be cool.

Always Restart..

...there have been a few Any Dvd upgrades that did not provide a "restart option" (after install) & failing to do so, it did cause Windows in my case to display the problem start up feature page , "due to a newly installed driver,etc."...and I had to boot up in the safe mode.. so now I always restart after an Upgrade.....:agree:

its not so difficult.. if theres a driver update etc.. then the system needs to reboot to fetch the driver into the OS...

the versions of anydvd that didnt need a reboot was because they didnt change the driver but only some files and therefore no reboot..

if you took the same installer... uninstalled anydvd and tried to install using hte installer that would need a reboot before, you would realize it would need a reboot after a clean install

Even with the restart issue, it'd be nice to have an 'auto update' feature.

Having AnyDVD require a system re-boot or re-start is a necessary evil (due to the need to have the "newest" driver files in place... However, an Auto-Update or an automatic prompt indicating an available update sure would be nice.

"Check for Updates" Feature??

Why not just include a "Check for Updates" button on the main screen like many of my other programs? I, for one, do not leave AnyDVD memory resident at all times. I like to just run what I need. (This probably comes from my horrible memories of 640K and DOS!!) It would be nice to just click on "Check for Updates" when I want to run the program and let it check to see if there is anything new out there rather than going to the website to look for myself. Call me lazy.........

Re-Starts

"James" or another Slysoft team member will have to confirm this, but it is my theory that a Re-Start is "required" when AnyDVD's driver has changed. If the driver is unchanged, no Re-Start is required. Any Slysoft Team Member care to elaborate on this? 8)

"James" or another Slysoft team member will have to confirm this, but it is my theory that a Re-Start is "required" when AnyDVD's driver has changed. If the driver is unchanged, no Re-Start is required. Any Slysoft Team Member care to elaborate on this? 8)

To add to this also it has been stated that if it is a minor update no reboot needed, if it is a major update a reboot is needed.

You are correct. It would be possible to unmount the drives and remount them in the installer, so you wouldn't need to reboot. Unfortunately some badly written drivers will cause a blue screen of death if you try this. Adaptec's ASPI, which a lot of people still use, is just one example.

You are correct. It would be possible to unmount the drives and remount them in the installer, so you wouldn't need to reboot. Unfortunately some badly written drivers will cause a blue screen of death if you try this. Adaptec's ASPI, which a lot of people still use, is just one example.

What?! You can't detect which drivers cause the problem and pop up the restart dialog only when those naughty drivers are detected? And you call yourself a developer. :D /sarcasm :)

What?! You can't detect which drivers cause the problem and pop up the restart dialog only when those naughty drivers are detected? And you call yourself a developer. :D /sarcasm :)

This is not funny... ;)

E-mail me upgrade anydvd & CloneDVD

dear slysofties,

please give E-mail an auto upgrade for anydvd & CloneDVD

thank you very much.

Not going to happen according to James. Since licenses have a timed duration, automatic upgrades would eventually apply an update after the user's license period. This should cause a 'license expired' message and make the user unable to use anydvd.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn Nexus 7 met Tapatalk

Not going to happen according to James. Since licenses have a timed duration, automatic upgrades would eventually apply an update after the user's license period. This should cause a 'license expired' message and make the user unable to use anydvd.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn Nexus 7 met Tapatalk

Jeez, the auto update should check license info before doing the update. It's not like this information is unknown.

I completely agree with an auto-update notification, with two options: download and install, or download only. You know, like a ton of other software products use.

Back