• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Display original region code

Rathbone80

Since the new region removal features in AnyDVD HD are available, the original region isn't displayed anymore in the status tab. I need that info for my HD database. Could you put that back in please. Would be great.

Rathbone

From what I know, AnyDVD does not try to determine the region of Blu-ray disc automatically anymore, because it is not feasible, especially for BD-Java titles. Instead, it asks a user about the region of the disc, and adjusts structures on the disc according to information provided by user to make the disc region-free. It actually displays region information in status window, for example "Blu-ray disc Region set to A!".

Last edited:
In the lastest release it says now in the STatus window:

Media is a Blu-Ray disc.
Total size: 12040480 sectors (23516 MBytes)
Video Blu-ray label: SHINOBI
Media is AACS protected!
Removed AACS copy protection!
Determined region(s): A
Blu-ray disc Region set to A!
Removed UOPs!
Blu-ray standard region lock adjusted to Region A!

Just to be sure: Is the red marked line the original region of the disc? If it is, I have to say: WOW, that was fast! ;)

Just to be sure: Is the red marked line the original region of the disc?

Yes. But BD discs aren't region marked, so there is a slight possibility AnyDVD can get it wrong, or can't determine the region and will ask the user.
However, we've rewritten the region code guessing, so *if* AnyDVD determines a region, it should be correct. If AnyDVD isn't sure, it'll say so in the status window.

I set it to automatic but always pops a window asking me what the region is.
I use region B.
After that it remembers and works fine.

I set it to automatic but always pops a window asking me what the region is.
Not always. ;)

EDIT: Assuming you are using the beta.

Last edited:
Back