• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Shameless - Series 4, Disc 3

patmustard

Just this one disc that won't rip.
Done all Series 1, 2, 3 and discs 1 & 2 of Series 4.
Tried every prog I can but to no avail. Help please?

P.S. I have a Pioneer DVD writer, also an NEC & an NEC Optiarc writers plus a Lite-On DVD-ROM. All have crashed.

:doh:

Last edited:

I'm a pretty experienced 'ripper' but this one disc just won't rip.

P.S. I have a Pioneer DVD writer, also an NEC & an NEC Optiarc writers plus a Lite-On DVD-ROM. All have crashed.

Attachments

• AnyDVD_Info_F_SHAMELESS.zip
    98.5 KB · Views: 7
I always run a disc thru Shrink first to see what's on it - then I use DeCrypter.
If it crashes on Shrink I know 'something' is on it (ArCoSS or whatever) so I use AnyDVD.
This disc has crashed on Shrink, AnyDVD, DVDFab, FabPlatinum & Gold ('trials' I downloaded), RipIt4Me ...
I think it's beaten me. :(

There is Ripguard on it as you can see in the anydvd info window.
Please try to rip it with anydvd ripper to hdd first, if you want to use shrink.
Or use anydvd with clonedvd.
Does it work then?

I'm a pretty experienced 'ripper' but this one disc just won't rip.

from: Have problems? Then PLEASE ANSWER THESE QUESTIONS before posting!!!! Thank you

• State the full error message(s) you encountered (click "details"),
  • tell us what program(s) you were using when you received the error message(s), and
  • describe in detail what you were doing when you received the error message(s). What problem are you having exactly?

• State the specific version(s) of the burning application(s) you are using (and stating "latest versions" isn't sufficient information; use full version numbers), and
  • the specific version(s) of whatever other burning application(s) you have installed on your system.
3. Specify the a)full title, b)region code, c) country, and d) release date of the disc that you're experiencing issues with.

4. Check to see if there's an updated firmware version for your burner and your reader; see this example for instructions.

5. What blank media are you using? Specify
  • brand name
  • type (-R, +R, -RW, +RW, RAM, DL, ...),
  • media code,
  • capacity/size,
  • batch codes/serial codes (often found printed on the inner plastic hub of the blank disc), and
  • country (factory information would be great as well, if possible) where the media was made (look on the physical packaging; do not rely on programs to accurately give you this information).
If you don't know how to obtain media codes, you may find the following programs useful:

6. At what speed are you burning your blank media?

Posts recommending or suggesting the use of third party decrypters will either be deleted or moved to the Third Party Products forum.

If you want to help someone with Anydvd, then your post goes in this forum. Otherwise it doesn't belong here. :policeman:

I always run a disc thru Shrink first to see what's on it - then I use DeCrypter.
If it crashes on Shrink I know 'something' is on it (ArCoSS or whatever) so I use AnyDVD.
This disc has crashed on Shrink, AnyDVD, DVDFab, FabPlatinum & Gold ('trials' I downloaded), RipIt4Me ...
I think it's beaten me. :(

Post a Clonedvd log please.

And provide a full error message with Clonedvd 2.9.1.7 (try the free 21 day trial)

1. To assist with troubleshooting, please use Clonedvd 2.9.1.7: click http://static.slysoft.com/SetupCloneDVD.exe (free 21 day trial)

2. Run Clonedvd. Select "Clone DVD" from the main menu to ensure that you're doing a full disc backup.

3. Then please post the Clonedvd log:

click http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=476 and follow the steps but note the differences below that I would prefer you do instead:

i)Select "dvd+/-r DL" near the quality bar in Clonedvd. This avoids compression (so, the process will be faster)

ii) Select "dvd files" as the output method--and rip to your hard drive. Clonedvd also rips slightly faster than Anydvd ripper.

sshot18bw1.png

(thanks to Zebadee for the screenshot)

iii) You should be able to copy and paste the log text with your mouse (click in the white area shown in the screenshot).

Try

[ code ]
log text
[ /code ]

Don't put spaces in the square brackets.

iv) State the full a)error message(s) you encountered (click "details")

RE: The above advice.

I always rip to HD before 'Shrinking' (if necessary) and that's just it - it won't rip to HD.
In AnyDVD it freezes after 22% & I have to re-start / cold boot my PC.
I tried that CloneDVD thing - maybe I mis-read you but it won't let me 'log' as it won't touch 'protected' DVD's.

The disc is 7.85 Gb.

Note:
Settings for writer #1:-

Summary for drive F: (AnyDVD 6.4.2.2)
PIONEER DVD-RWDVR-112D 1.24 07/08/08PIONEER
Drive (Hardware) Region: 2

Media is a DVD.
Booktype: dvd-rom (version 1), Layers: 2 (opposite)
Size of first Layer: 2066256 sectors (4035 MBytes)
Total size: 4116172 sectors (8039 MBytes)

Video DVD (or CD) label: SHAMELESS
Media is CSS protected!
Video Standard: PAL
Media is locked to region(s): 2!

RCE protection not found.
Found & removed structural copy protection!
Found & removed error zones between files!
Found & removed invalid program from program chain!
UDF filesystem patched!
Found & removed Autorun from Video DVD!
Found & removed 6 potential bad sector protections!
Emulating RPC-2 drive with region 2!
-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Settings for writer #2:-
Summary for drive D: (AnyDVD 6.4.2.2)
OPTIARC DVD RW AD-5170A 1.14 APR15,2008

Drive (Hardware) Region: 2

Media is a DVD.
Booktype: dvd-rom (version 1), Layers: 2 (opposite)
Size of first Layer: 2066256 sectors (4035 MBytes)
Total size: 4116172 sectors (8039 MBytes)

Video DVD (or CD) label: SHAMELESS
Media is CSS protected!
Video Standard: PAL
Media is locked to region(s): 2!

RCE protection not found.
Found & removed structural copy protection!
Found & removed error zones between files!
Found & removed invalid program from program chain!
UDF filesystem patched!
Found & removed Autorun from Video DVD!
Found & removed 6 potential bad sector protections!
Emulating RPC-2 drive with region 2!

:confused:

RE: The above advice.

I always rip to HD before 'Shrinking' (if necessary) and that's just it - it won't rip to HD.
In AnyDVD it freezes after 22% & I have to re-start / cold boot my PC.
I tried that CloneDVD thing - maybe I mis-read you but it won't let me 'log' as it won't touch 'protected' DVD's.

AnyDVD must be running. AnyDVD removes the protection while CloneDVD is doing the ripping. Just make sure AnyDVD is enabled and has detected the disc. Then do what Webslinger mentioned. :)

:bowdown:

Doh! Run BOTH! A-ha!
Will try that and get back to ya - might be later on or tomorrow as I'm frazzled now - been at this disc for 12 hours!! :bang:

Cheers dudes! :clap:

Doh! Run BOTH! A-ha!
Will try that and get back to ya - might be later on or tomorrow as I'm frazzled now - been at this disc for 12 hours!! :bang:

Sometimes we overlook the little things. :D

I know all about the frazzled part. Let us know how things turn out when you've had time to rest the brain.

Tried it.
Can't copy & paste as it's locked up!

It says:

"Processing started,
Target size sufficient, transcoder disabled
"

To the right it says:

"Creating DVD files [14 minutes remaining]...
...processing titles in vts_04_1.vob 387999
" ....... 22%"

and this has also frozen! :bang:

Have you tried the disc in another DVD Drive or computer? wouldn't of thought it would be anything to do with protection if you have tried all the software listed above.

I had similar issues with Waterloo Road, tried it in another drive and it worked, it did read very slow at certain points though. Maybe the discs are badly pressed!!!

Good luck

Last edited:
Have you tried the disc in another DVD Drive or computer? wouldn't of thought it would be anything to do with protection if you have tried all the software listed above.

I had similar issues with Waterloo Road, tried it in another drive and it worked, it did read very slow at certain points though. Maybe the discs are badly pressed!!!

Good luck

I would also try exchanging the disc, and/or cleaning it.

Just this one disc that won't rip.

I'd say this is clearly a case of a bad origional disk. There ought to be no more protection of that disk as the others of the same series. Exchange it.

-W

Solved it ... but not without more hitches.

Got another copy of said disc. Ran it through SHRINK to analyse it, surprisingly it did (generally these RipGuard things crash it so I then know to bring out the big guns i.e. AnyDVD).
Started ripping to HD, it got through the dreaded 22% barrier where the other had crashed and got to 99% before bombing AND it took an hour and a half. :doh:

Re-booted and tried the CloneDVD trial with AnyDVD.

Ripped entire 7.85 Gb to HD in about 8 or 9 minutes! :bowdown:

VERY STRANGE.

All I can say is they must've been a dodgy batch of masters ...

Anyway sorted now and thanx for all your advice. :clap:

Just one little note

Doh! Run BOTH! A-ha!

OK, do that and IF you need to send us the log data from CloneDVD2 PLEASE paste that into a notepad txt file. 8)

It's easier for us to handle here and in a support ticket - and development will not accept a "flat " log inside a carrier like a ticket. Thanks very much.

Back