• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Is Hardware Acceleration Broken In PowerDVD8

PrincipalityFusion

I was getting alot of stutter playing back ISOs in PowerDVD8 and thought that it might be my network or bad rips or something. The first thing I tried was uninstalling 8 and reinstalling 7 (with the newest patch). Playback was silky smooth like i'm used to, although i did notice the sharper image of 8. PDVD7 definitely has some grain to it's picture.

Anyways, is it that the HDDVD hack breaks hardware acceleration or PDVD8 just has it broken anyways. For reference, i'm using ATI HD3200 integrated graphics with the most current ATI driver, Cat 8.4.

I was getting alot of stutter playing back ISOs in PowerDVD8 and thought that it might be my network or bad rips or something. The first thing I tried was uninstalling 8 and reinstalling 7 (with the newest patch). Playback was silky smooth like i'm used to, although i did notice the sharper image of 8. PDVD7 definitely has some grain to it's picture.

Anyways, is it that the HDDVD hack breaks hardware acceleration or PDVD8 just has it broken anyways. For reference, i'm using ATI HD3200 integrated graphics with the most current ATI driver, Cat 8.4.

when you created your ISO did you include all the folders on the disc or just the BDMV ?

If you are using Windows XP, and if you updated PowerDVD 8 Ultra to version 8.0.1531.50 (the last one), then YES hardware acceleration does not work when decoding AVC video (MPEG 4).

To solve this:
- Before updating, you need to save the file:
C:\Program Files\CyberLink\PowerDVD8\VideoFilter\CL264dec.ax

- After the update, replace the new file with the old one.

If you are using Windows XP, and if you updated PowerDVD 8 Ultra to version 8.0.1531.50 (the last one), then YES hardware acceleration does not work when decoding AVC video (MPEG 4).

To solve this:

Thanks for the info. I'm using Vista, but i'll give it a try when i can get to it.

Thanks for the info. I'm using Vista, but i'll give it a try when i can get to it.

I've ATI Cat 8.4, Vista SP1, PDVD8 and all 80+ BD & HD-DVD playing ISO perfect using SamuriHL guide. I have HA checked since day one and did not touch it.

To solve this:

- After the update, replace the new file with the old one.

BTW, last two PDVD7.3 builds suffer from the same problem - no hardware acceleration on XP with AVC with NVidia or ATI.
Using an older CL264dec.ax file fixes this problem, too.

Yes indeed, but, at least in my case, with the very last version (4102), replacing the CL264dec.ax file did not work: AVC discs were not read at all any more.

All I got was a black screen without image or sound.

If you know a workaround, I am very interested!

Yes indeed, but, at least in my case, with the very last version (4102), replacing the CL264dec.ax file did not work: AVC discs were not read at all any more.

All I got was a black screen without image or sound.

If you know a workaround, I am very interested!

Vista. :D Sorry, couldn't resist. ;)

This sounds like a bug they just aren't fixing but since it has been around so long and between versions I have to ask. Was this done on purpose for some reason?

Back