• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Lines across Screen of iPod Touch

slmorgan42

Hello,

I am using CloneDVD Mobile to convert my DVD files to watch on my ipod touch. I have noticed, specially in lower light, that there are lines or streaks accross the screen. They seem to be in roughly the same spot on most films I have converted. You only notice these on the black or dark colour.

Has anyone else seen this?

Thanks

ipod

i have not seen that however i have a question regarding if you can use this with ipod. i keep trying to load the file and it will copy like it is but then it doesnt do it. have you found that with ipod..:confused:

I have had no problems at all with my iPod Touch.

I have had no problems at all with my iPod Touch.

i have not seen that however i have a question regarding if you can use this with ipod. i keep trying to load the file and it will copy like it is but then it doesnt do it. have you found that with ipod..:confused:
Are you syncing with iTunes?

Hello,

I am using CloneDVD Mobile to convert my DVD files to watch on my ipod touch. I have noticed, specially in lower light, that there are lines or streaks accross the screen. They seem to be in roughly the same spot on most films I have converted. You only notice these on the black or dark colour.

Has anyone else seen this?

Thanks
Sounds like compression artifacts. You will notice them more on black scenes. Or you could have a defective screen :(

Compare the same file on another Touch - that should narrow it down.

With regards to artifact compression:

Is there anything that can be done, adjustments that can be made to minimize or rid myself completely of these artifacts at all?

Case in point: "Cloverfield" is quite a dark film, lots of dark or nearly pitch black scenes, and the pixilization is driving me nuts! :bang:

What can be done to correct this?

although it takes 3 times as long,do a '3 pass' on clonedvdmobile.
the file size will be the same as '1 pass' but the quality will be much improved.

test to see if it works for you by trying it on the chapter(s) in question (use the scissors tool-these are on the preview screen in cdvdm after selecting the drive containing the dvd disc) so that you dont have to wait for ages to do the whole film.

Last edited:
Back