• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Pioneer DVR-215D

anderrd

I have created a new PC build to upgrade from AnyDVD to AnyDVDHD.
XFX 780i motherboard latest BIOS
EVGA 7900 GTX Video Graphics Card
8 gig of memory
2 SATA 500GB drives
Pioneer DVR-215D DL Burner
LG H20L HD/BR Burner
OS Windows XP Pro SP3

After installing windows and updating all the files. I downloaded AnyDVDHD 6.4.2.0 and proceeded to install the application. After the install I rebooted windows to make any changes take effect. After logging into windows from a reboot. I notice the operating system was sluggest and slow in response. I also notice the hard drive LED was on solid. And I did not see AnyDVD show up in my task bar. I could not shut the system down using windows. So I had to Power off the PC. And start it up again from a power down state. When I logged on again the same thing happened. So this time I waited for the HDD LED to go out. Which took about 45 minutes for it to simmer down. Then the AnyDVD icon appeared in my task bar below. As soon as I loaded a HD movie in the LG drive I got the (Blue Screen of death). And the PC rebooted itself. Then the process started over again. After many of hours taking to restore my hard drive without AnyDVD. Because removing the progam from windows did not change a thing. So my system would become stable again. I made a clone of my hard drive. So I could troubleshoot this down. The bottom line was the Pioneer DVR-215D would not work with AnyDVD. When I unplugged the drive. Windows would come up normally and I could see AnyDVD. So I upgraded the firmware from 1.13 to 1.18 to see if this resolve the issue. And it did not. My question is has anyone have this drive working in their machine running AnyDVD without any issues? Before I return the drive back and replace it with a different brand.

Regards,
anderrd

Update

I have replaced the Pioneer with a LG GGC-H20L to resolve the previous issue I posted earlier. But now I have a problem making a copy. CloneDVD 2.9.1.7 and AnyDVD 6.4.2.2 installed. Clone copies the movie, says its written to the black DVD. But when I try to play it back on the computer. The DVD appears to blank. I can copy the movie to my hard drive. But both my LG GGC-H20L and my LG GGW-H20L both seem to create blank DVD's. No errors reported from Clone or Any. But I can create a data DVD using Nero. So I know they can write data. I checked my device manager to see if Windows shows the correct drives listed. I made sure I had the latest firmware on both drives. I downloaded ImgBurn and changed the book Type. And tested the drives using that program. I have slowed down the burn speed from 16X to 8X with no change. Any other suggestions would really help.

Regards
anderrd

Last edited:
I have replaced the Pioneer with a LG GGC-H20L to resolve the previous issue I posted earlier. But now I have a problem making a copy. CloneDVD 2.9.1.7 and AnyDVD 6.4.2.2 installed. Clone copies the movie, says its written to the black DVD. But when I try to play it back on the computer. The DVD appears to blank. I can copy the movie to my hard drive. But both my LG GGC-H20L and my LG GGW-H20L both seem to create blank DVD's. No errors reported from Clone or Any. But I can create a data DVD using Nero. So I know they can write data. I checked my device manager to see if Windows shows the correct drives listed. I made sure I had the latest firmware on both drives. I downloaded ImgBurn and changed the book Type. And tested the drives using that program. I have slowed down the burn speed from 16X to 8X with no change. Any other suggestions would really help.

Regards
anderrd

Attached Filter list

Attachments

• filters.txt
    3 KB · Views: 2
The Anydvd HD forum is for Blu-ray and HD-DVDs only.

1. click http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=9914

Answer/do questions 2, 8, and 9.

Filter Name: clbstor
File Name: C:\WINDOWS\system32\Drivers\clbstor.sys
File Version: 5.0.3004 [5.0.0.3004]
File Description: Cyberlink Storage Helper Driver (WindowsNT5.x)
Product Name:
Product Version: 5.0.3004 [5.0.0.3004]
Company Name: Cyberlink Co.,Ltd.
Copyright: Copyright(C) Cyberlink Co.,Ltd.

From CyberLink InstantBurn's packet writing software . . . packet writing software in general is bad news and interferes with a lot of programs including Slysoft's. If you want drag-and-drop functionality, use dvd-ram instead (with a FAT file format), which is more stable.

i) Create a backup of your registry
ii) Download imgburn. It's a free program: http://www.imgburn.com/index.php?act=download
(it's also an excellent program imo)
iii) Go to Tools > Filter Driver Load Order. Select "clbstor". Click "Remove Selected Filter". Click "ok".
iv) Reboot

Keep in mind whatever program installed that filter may no longer work properly.

3. click http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=476 and follow the steps (step by step)

Log File

logfile uploaded.

I know from your site the following media is not the preferred. But they work on other computer with no issues.

FujiFilm DVD-R 16X Taiwan 7209F0613 06890E13
TDK DVD+R 16X PEP6K8JH21133072 2
Memorex DVD+R 4X PAD647IC08113306 1

The DVD-R fails with Writing to video media was not successful, media write error.
A write error has occurred, probably caused by bad media.
WriteDVD 10 11 W2

New Updated Filter list

I have lowered the speed to 8X

I will now try Verbatim DVD+R DL 2.4X up to 8X PV623312276513
And post the results when it has finished.

Attachments

• AnyDVD_Info_E_ZODIAC_DOM_WS.zip
    79.9 KB · Views: 1
  • UpdatFilt.txt
    2.6 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Media

Webslinger,
After using Verbatim DVD+DL. I still have the same issue. The DVD looks like something has been written on. But my computer does not see a thing on this DVD. When I open AnyDVD to view the status of the drives. With the burned Vertatim DVD+R DL DVD. It shows "No disc present". What next?

Regards
anderrd

Attachments

• CloneDVD2.jpg
    CloneDVD2.jpg
    20.7 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:
logfile uploaded.

I know from your site the following media is not the preferred. But they work on other computer with no issues.

Bad quality blank media can vary in results from disc to disc, even within the same spindle. With good blank media you can play "find the bad blank" game. With inferior quality blank media you get to play "find the blank that works" game. And even when inferior blank media does work, you can play the "will my backups still play after 6 months (or even after two years)" game.

Use good quality blank media (Taiyo Yuden Premium, Verbatim, Maxell Plus, Maxell Broadcast Quality). Avoid Ritek, Memorex, Regular Maxell blank media that you can find in most stores that are not made in Japan, Fuji, TDK from Costco, and Princo. Also, on average, it's wise to avoid blank media that's made in China or Hong Kong.

If you're using double layer blank media, use Verbatim +R DL (preferably made in Singapore) or MAM-A 8x +R DL.

FujiFilm DVD-R 16X Taiwan 7209F0613 06890E13
TDK DVD+R 16X PEP6K8JH21133072 2
Memorex DVD+R 4X PAD647IC08113306 1

This is predominately junk, frankly.

Webslinger,
I edited the last post because I was not using the one I burned. It was the original one running. Please read what I edited. And the lable states the Verbatim was made in Sinapore

Thanks

Drive (Hardware) Region: 0 (not set!)

i. Right click the fox on your toolbar. Exit Anydvd
ii. Click start. Right click on "My computer"--->select "properties".
iii.Click on the 'Hardware' tab--->click the 'device manager' button.
iv. Open the dvd/cdrom branch---> right click on your optical drive
v. Click "properties".
vi. You should have a region tab. From there you can select a region.
vii. Select the region that you're in
viii. Start Anydvd

2. Update your burner's firmware (if available)
http://forum.slysoft.com/showpost.php?p=12794&postcount=10

3. Click this

Do what it says to do.

4. Try switching cables on the back on your drives.

5. click http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=476 and follow the steps (in the order that they are listed)

6. With Verbatim +R DL blank media, I prefer using Clonecd: click http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=327

Last edited:
Ok, I have set the region on both drives for region 1. Will try again and reply with the results.

Thanks
anderrd

XFX 780i motherboard latest BIOS

After logging into windows from a reboot. I notice the operating system was sluggest and slow in response.

I'm going to have to look that board up. But I want you to move your burners off the current sata ports and onto different ones. And I want you to use new/different cables on the back of these drives. These are Sata burners, right?

Are you saying changing the the region will not effect this issue? I'm running clone right now. When it finishes I will replace the SATA cables and move them to other ports. Please confirm.
Currently the LG GGC-H20L is on SATA Port 3, and the GGW-H20L is on SATA Port 6.

Last edited:
Are you saying changing the the region will not effect this issue?

It shouldn't. I just mentioned that because sometimes there's problems reading discs when region codes aren't set.

When it finishes I will replace the SATA cables and move them to other ports. Please confirm.

Yeah, I've got a funny feeling something weird is going on there. Do you know if that motherboard has two different sata busmaster controllers? If so, move those sata ODDS off the ports for the current controller and move them onto the other one.

SATA Port 1 and two are on one connecter towards the back edge of the board. And SATA ports 3,4,5,6 are more towards the memory slots of the board. I think they are all on the same BUS. But I do have some eSATA ports on the back panel.

SATA Port 1 and two are on one connecter towards the back edge of the board. And SATA ports 3,4,5,6 are more towards the memory slots of the board. I think they are all on the same BUS. But I do have some eSATA ports on the back panel.

If they're all using the same controller, then my theory goes out the window. But I'd try switching sata ports and cables.

Also, if you're using +R blank media, change the booktype to "dvd-rom" before burning.

I will change the book type to DVD-ROM after I change the cables and ports for the DVD drives. I will put the GGC on port 4 and GGW on port 5. I will will now log off for the PC power down configuration change. Give me about 20 minutes to return.

Thanks

Webslinger,
I decided to remove one of the DVD's so we only have to deal with one burner. I have the GGW on port 5 with a new SATA cable. Have changed booktype to DVD-ROM. I will now try clone again.
I want to also include I have removed MacFee Virus scan and the firewall. On the lighter side, my DVD coaster collection is building up.

Last edited:
Last edited:
Tell me how to PM to you and I will send the serial number. And the clone copy still has the same issue. And now power DVD comes up with a message " No disc in drive D"

Back