• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

AnyDVD (HD) 6.4.2.2 release

Tom

Redfox Team Member
Staff member
http://www.slysoft.com/download.html

6.4.2.2 2008 05 13
  • New (DVD): Added support for a new type of structural protection as found on "National Treasure 2 - Book of Secrets", R1, US
  • Fix (Blu-ray): Jar file truncation with some discs, if region code removal was enabled
  • Fix (HD DVD): Verification of AACS keys didn't work with some discs
  • Some minor fixes and improvements
  • Updated languages

http://static.slysoft.com/SetupAnyDVD6422.exe

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks James for the updae and thanks tom for the thread.

I must say I am getting very concerned about the problem with AnyDVD not being able to handle 1:1 copies on some discs with structural protections.

I only do 1:1 backups and I had expected this bug to be fixed by now.

Any word on if this is going to be fixed at all? :bowdown:

I must say I am getting very concerned about the problem with AnyDVD not being able to handle 1:1 copies on some discs with structural protections.
Define "some".

quick question, when installing updates sometimes it asks to reboot other times it don't, normally i reboot every time to be safe, my question is if not prompted to do so should I reboot after installing updates?

Thanks
Starz :D

PS: Thanks for all the fast prompt updates :D:D:D

my question is if not prompted to do so should I reboot after installing updates?

If I don't get prompted then I don't reboot and I've never had any issues. So, I'd say, "No, you don't have to. You can if you want."

Last edited:

I am, although I suspect that other discs with similar structural protections will also have the same issue. I have not backed up any additional discs with protections like this yet, but I will be sure to report any more that I come across.

The problem is 99% of people do not do 1:1 backups. (They use AnyDVD Ripper / Shrink / CloneDVD.)

I only do 1:1 backups and I had expected this bug to be fixed by now.

Any word on if this is going to be fixed at all? :bowdown:

I too only do 1:1 copies. I've started a couple of threads about the 1:1 backup copies still having protections. I've even done backups of the backups to get rid of the protections and still no good. I assume that due to the nature of the 1:1 copy, some protections are going to remain in the ISO. When I use AnyDVD, I usually have AnyDVD running in the background and let UltraISO create the backup. I've also used CloneCD to do the images, but after comparing the images with a hex editor of both UltraISO and CloneCD with AnyDVD running in the background, I concluded that the images were always the same. Lately I've switched to letting DVDFab do the ISO clone. One DVD that both AnyDVD and DVDFab have problems with is "The King of Kong - A Fistful of Quarters". I've created ISO images with both programs and both of the backups play differently than the original DVD. While you eventually get to the main menu, and the movie seems to play fine, along with the other features, how you get there is like taking two different roads to get to the same place, and neither road is on the original map. Very weird.

I once suggested to a friend, who also uses AnyDVD and has had the same frustration as me lately, that they could create a module for each movie that comes out. Each module would include the modified IFO files for that particular movie and whatever else information needed to produce a complete fully working DVD. Of course that presents a whole boat load of other problems. Slysoft would have to hand craft the module for each movie(+region) and then any variable versions of it. Probably impossible. They could charge $10 for the program and then $1.00 per module. They would probably make more money, but have to hire a thousand people to do it. Who knows, just another thought I'll probably get flamed for.

Oh well, I feel for James and the team and the rest of us. The movie companies are only making life miserable for us all.

what's with the new folder .svn in the new release of AnyDvd?

what is it's purpose?

Can it be deleted?

I am, although I suspect that other discs with similar structural protections will also have the same issue. I have not backed up any additional discs with protections like this yet, but I will be sure to report any more that I come across.
If AnyDVD status states "FluxDVD protection", this behaviour is currently intentional (CloneCD not working). If there are other discs not working, please let me know.

I take it you don't mean for it to stay that way? :eek:
No, it won't. ;) But it is a little more complicated than it seems, and it isn't just a "bug" which has to be fixed.

@James,

As posted above there is a new folder named .svn in C:\Program Files\SlySoft\AnyDVD, the .svn folder is also present in C:\Program Files\SlySoft\AnyDVD\language and C:\Program Files\SlySoft\AnyDVD\manual, can all .svn folders in these locations be deleted, also if they are deleted will they be recreated when the next update is released and installed.

Thanks!

Back