• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

ANYDVD Stop working after update

franktron

I recently updated to the latest version of ANYDVD. After running the install, it no longer works. When I open up the program it display error msg "AnyDVD.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience." How can this be fixed? Thanks,

I recently updated to the latest version of ANYDVD. After running the install, it no longer works. When I open up the program it display error msg "AnyDVD.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience." How can this be fixed? Thanks,

Uninstall Anydvd. Reboot. Reinstall Anydvd. Reboot.

Install your registration key (keep this backed up and somewhere safe before uninstalling Anydvd).

Same here.

- Just a few minutes ago, I have been running 6.1.1.4 archiving my collection without a problem on "two" HTPCs using Windows MCE & MyMovies.

- Like always, I got a notice on both computers that 6.1.2.3 was available. Therefore, like I always do, I downloaded the newest version and let it overwrite the older version.

- Normally this works just fine.

- But today, after doing this with 6.1.2.3.......DVD backup came to a halt! I tried 6 different DVD's. I even tried DVD's that 6.1.1.4 had already successfully done. However, with 6.1.2.3 none of my DVDs will backup on neither computer.

no new hardware, no new software, no new windows updates, no new nothing.

- I came here and followed the instructions of the poster above. I uninstalled (keeping registration info), rebooted, reinstalled 6.1.2.3, rebooted, and tried again......problem still persisted.

- So now, with both my MCE HTPCs using MyMovies, i am dead in the water.

I would like to go back to 6.1.1.4, that worked just fine. I deleted the installer because I figured 6.1.2.3 would work like all the other updates usually do. I should have kept it.

Does anybody know where I can find a copy of 6.1.1.4?

Last edited:
I did exactly as webslinger instructed in post #2. I did it keeping my registration info. I did it again not keeping my registration info and then using my purchased key. In all cases, I rebooted after each step. Yet & still, neither method worked.

There is no hardware conflicts. As stated, nothing has changed. This happened immediately after doing a simply update to the latest (HD) version (6.1.2.3) from an older flawlesly (SD) working version (6.1.1.4). Same thing I always do. And it happened on two different computers (different processors, dvd drives, motherboards, memory, etc...) that were running simultaneously with no problem using 6.1.1.4.

Seems to me, it has something to do with this new implementation of High Definition DVD (HD DVD), but what do I know.

I really would like to continue arching my DVD collection, as this 6.1.2.3 update has brought my smooth backup operation to a screeching halt. Is there I way I can get 6.1.1.4 so I can continue doing what I was doing?

Last edited:
i clicked the links and did everything all those threads said to do. i have no software or hardware conflcts. anydvd stoped working the minute i upgraded from 6.1.1.4 to 6.1.2.3. it was working just fine before then on two machines.

i checked my registry and i do not have an upperfilters entry. i only had a lowerfilters. here is what the value was:

LOWERFILTERS:
AnyDVD
Pfc
PxHelp20

now i humbly ask, can someone please give me 6.1.1.4 installer so i can finish????????????

- But today, after doing this with 6.1.2.3.......DVD backup came to a halt!

Wait a sec. Is Anydvd actually running on your system now? Or are you still getting this error message:

"AnyDVD.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience."

The security updates were prior to AnyDVD not working. Also, yes it was running on my system.

Either way, all is working now. I got another upgrade notice to 6.1.2.5. and so since 6.1.2.3 wasn't working, I went ahead and did it on both systems. Now everything is back to normal on both computers using 6.1.2.5.

Thank you for the update. *smile*

Back