• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

[Resolved] AnyDVD freezing up

Journbon

Hi guys..I brought a new burner and I am having problems getting it to work properly with AnyDVD. I brought a Samsung SH-S202G External and no matter what Original DVD I put in AnyDVD says please wait..Scanning..and just freezes up. AnyDVD recognizes the burner but not any dvd that I put in. I checked the region coding on the burner,uninstalled and re-installed AnyDvd, checked DMA is enabled. Latest firmware is SB00 .I tried another drive and AnyDvd works fine so I would assume the problem is with my new burner. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I am using AnyDvd 6420,CloneCD 5310, and CloneDVD 2917.

Last edited by a moderator:
  1. Download ImgBurn (freeware) and install it.
  2. Start ImgBurn and select Tools > Filter Driver Load Order....
  3. Click the Copy To Clipboard button.
  4. Post a reply here and paste the contents of your clipboard from the previous step into your post.

I brought a Samsung SH-S202G External

Is that using a USB interface? Some motherboards have slightly out of spec USB ports (so it's possible not enough power is getting to them for one) . . .

In addition to what Drinklyeanddie wrote, try a different USB port (try unplugging all unnecessary USB devices as well).

Also, try enabling "safe mode" in Anydvd (click the red fox icon on your toolbar-->navigate to "program settings"-->check "safe mode").

so I would assume the problem is with my new burner

That's a possibility.

Last edited:
Hi Guys

Thanks for responding..I enabled safe mode in AnyDvd. Still freezes up. I have an Inspiron 9300...Tried all 6 USB ports. Still the same..Here are my filters..
Filter Check Tool v3.4

An Upper Filter found is: GEARAspiWDM
Filterdriver properties are:

A Lower Filter found is: AnyDVD
Name: AnyDVD
Caption: AnyDVD
Description: AnyDVD
AcceptPause: False
AcceptStop: True
DesktopInteract: False
DisplayName: AnyDVD
ErrorControl: Normal
ExitCode: 0
PathName: C:\WINDOWS\system32\Drivers\AnyDVD.sys
Version Info: 6.4.2.0
ServiceSpecificExitCode: 0
ServiceType: Kernel Driver
Started: True
StartMode: Manual
StartName:
State: Running
TagId: 0

A Lower Filter found is: ElbyDelay
Name: ElbyDelay
Caption: ElbyDelay
Description: ElbyDelay
DisplayName: ElbyDelay
PathName: C:\WINDOWS\system32\Drivers\ElbyDelay.sys
Version Info: 5.1.0.1
StartName:

A Lower Filter found is: ElbyCDFL
Name: ElbyCDFL
Caption: ElbyCDFL
Description: ElbyCDFL
DisplayName: ElbyCDFL
PathName: C:\WINDOWS\system32\Drivers\ElbyCDFL.sys
Version Info: 5.2.1.3
StartName:

A Lower Filter found is: PxHelp20
Name: PxHelp20
Caption: PxHelp20
Description: PxHelp20
DisplayName: PxHelp20
PathName: C:\WINDOWS\system32\Drivers\PxHelp20.sys
Version Info: 3.0.67.0
StartMode: Boot
StartName:

Hi Guys

Thanks for responding..I enabled safe mode in AnyDvd. Still freezes up. I have an Inspiron 9300...

My friend has an Inspiron 9400. Yeah, this is a common problem on laptops, I think. He needed to get an external powered USB hub for his USB portable headphones (the USB ports weren't supplying enough power). So, you may want to try another drive or try an external USB hub (with it's own power).

I don't see anything wrong with your filters.

Thanks for your time..I ordered the external USB hub to try .. If that doesn't work I think I'll return the burner and try a different brand..My other burner was a Sony 710 DL burner that lasted 3 years but I wanted to stay away from Sony products. Keep up the great work!!

Just an update..the USB hub did not work...I guess its the burner.. I'm gonna bring it back and get a different brand...Thanks again for the advice...

Just an update..the USB hub did not work...I guess its the burner.. I'm gonna bring it back and get a different brand...Thanks again for the advice...

Ah bummer :( I'm sorry to read that didn't work.

oh well..it happens..that samsung i/o magic was a little loud anyway..I ordered a LiteOn from newegg so hopefully everything will be better. I hear thats a good one to buy...You guys still rock!! :rock:

If the Sony was external/USB and if it worked without any problems I would assume the burner is at fault.

Yeah .. I agree...As much as I hate Sony that 710 worked flawlessly for over 3 years with AnyDVD,Clonecd, and Clone dvd...too bad it died right in the middle of a DL burn..:doh:..I guess I just got a bad Samsung or something..Though if I disabled AnyDvd the dvds would play on my computer..I see how it goes when my Liteon comes in...

Hi Guys...just an update...I got my new Liteon today...dx-20a4pu...worked like a charm..:clap: guess the Samsung was a dud...Thanks for your help..You guys are the best:bowdown:

Hi Guys...just an update...I got my new Liteon today...dx-20a4pu...worked like a charm..:clap: guess the Samsung was a dud...Thanks for your help..You guys are the best:bowdown:

I'm glad to hear that you've managed to get things working again. :) Thanks for the update.

Back