• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

PowerDVD 8 Ultra Reloaded: 8.0 A/V engine + HD-DVD + PowerDVD 7.3 player

mkanet

Cyberlink support confirmed last week that they are not planning on fixing any of the issues they currently have with PowerDVD 8.0 player (that didn't exist in version 7.3). They are working on a future release (Version 8.5) which will eventually address the below mentioned problems:

Player bloat and user interface limitations:

1) Moovielive as an optional install
2) Movie Remix as an optional install
3) Being forced to see the Resume playback every time. <--This is too annoying
4) Redesigning UI skin completely to fix various limitations introduced in version 8
  • Player's vertical/horizontal size hardcoded to stay relatively large
  • Player is forced to open up in the middle of the screen in a window.
  • Control buttons on the bottom of the player are unnecessarily big.

My solution...
Since I wanted to have the latest possible directshow filters from version 8.0 and needed the better player... included with 7.3. I put together a hybrid version which only requires one clean installation of PowerDVD 8.0 and copying a mixture of files from certain versions of 7.3 and 8.0.

Introducing: PowerDVD 8.0 Ultra Reloaded 3.0 ...and now with a fully automated one-step installer "setup.exe" and many skins!

powerdvd2.jpg

Reloaded-ResumeReset.reg <--- Double click this file before starting PowerDVD with the Reloaded 2.0 interface, and you will now see a resume option that looks like the below image. You can use this reset file again if you select "Don't ask me this question again"; or if you are installing Reloaded 2.0 for the first time:

Screenshot-0230-1.jpg

Reloaded-FullscreenStart.reg <--- Double click this file before starting PowerDVD with the Reloaded 2.0 interface to automatically start the player in Full Screen.

Reloaded-WindowModeStart.reg <--- Double click this file before starting PowerDVD with the Reloaded 2.0 interface to automatically start player in a Window .

Last edited:
Ihave tried this both ways (xp+vista),i get to the command line and i get program path cannot be found,check typing and try again.
any sugestions:bang:

Show us EXACTLY what you're typing on the command line.

Hi guys, what I have at the top is not the same thing as shown in the link above; as it still keeps the PowerDVD 8 player.

PM me if you want the PowerDVD8Ultra-Reloaded.zip addon.

This addon also includes hd-dvd support for PowerDVD 8 as well.

Show us EXACTLY what you're typing on the command line.
in xp. regsvr32"C:\Program Files\Cyberlink\PowerDVD(0)\PowerDVD8\NavFilter\HDDVDNav.ax"

in vista. regsvr32"C:\Program Files(x86)\Cyberlink\PowerDVD(0)\PowerDVD8\NavFilter\HDDVDNav.ax"
the extra line PowerDVD(0) IS IN MY PROGRAM LINE:bang:

in xp:
Code:
regsvr32 "C:\Program Files\Cyberlink\PowerDVD(0)\PowerDVD8\NavFilter\HDDVDNav.ax"

in vista:
Code:
regsvr32 "C:\Program Files(x86)\Cyberlink\PowerDVD(0)\PowerDVD8\NavFilter\HDDVDNav.ax"

(I'll take your word about the PowerDVD(0) thing...I don't have that in my path.) In any case, I fixed what needed to be fixed with what you pasted.

in xp:
Code:
regsvr32 "C:\Program Files\Cyberlink\PowerDVD(0)\PowerDVD8\NavFilter\HDDVDNav.ax"

in vista:
Code:
regsvr32 "C:\Program Files(x86)\Cyberlink\PowerDVD(0)\PowerDVD8\NavFilter\HDDVDNav.ax"

(I'll take your word about the PowerDVD(0) thing...I don't have that in my path.) In any case, I fixed what needed to be fixed with what you pasted.
cheers, i could kiss you (well maybe not:disagree:)thanks a mill.
a quick question, american gangster just shows "loading" and dosent play, have you come accross this before:confused:

Never got to see American Gangster in HD. I rented the DVD when it came out. Does it play with AnyDVD disabled?

cheers, i could kiss you (well maybe not:disagree:)thanks a mill.
a quick question, american gangster just shows "loading" and dosent play, have you come accross this before:confused:

AnyDVD "rename highest XPL file"...?

Never got to see American Gangster in HD. I rented the DVD when it came out. Does it play with AnyDVD disabled?

ITS A HDDVD AND A WONDERFULL PRINT AND THANKS TO YOURSELF AND JAMES IM OVER THE MOON NOW I HAVE GOT THE HACK WORKING.NOW TO GET HDD ENABLED,WHATS THE CHANCE EH?.:rock:

ITS A HDDVD AND A WONDERFULL PRINT AND THANKS TO YOURSELF AND JAMES IM OVER THE MOON NOW I HAVE GOT THE HACK WORKING.NOW TO GET HDD ENABLED,WHATS THE CHANCE EH?.:rock:

0. Just create an ISO and mount it. Good to go.

The correct path for Vista 64 is:

regsvr32 "C:\Program Files (x86)\CyberLink\PowerDVD8\NavFilter\HDDVDNav.ax"

This needs to be done in safe mode.

I did not need to do it in safe mode at all. I made sure I ran it from the command prompt. I ran command prompt through administrator. Wallah all came up. Though it was important to get the right file, some of the hddvdnav.av are not the correct version.

Sorry I missed people's PMs. I wasn't getting email notifications for PMs that I received on this forum. Anyway, if I missed anyone.. let me know.

Back