• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Hi Question about dvds

sfvt

Which ones to get 8 speed dvd+ or 16 dvd+ speed? to copy or does it really matter?
Thanks

I only buy 16x and burn at 4/6/8x depending on the situation.

-W

I only buy 16x and burn at 4/6/8x depending on the situation.

-W

Valid point. It does tend to depend on the brand of media and how well your burner works with that media. I know a fair number of people who won't burn at even 8x on 16x media. Personally, I don't subscribe to that philosophy but to each their own. :)

My LG GSA-H55N burns beautifully at 12x. I've yet to run into any problems with any Verbatim DVD+R discs. Every now and then I'll burn at 8x. It depends on what I'm doing at the time.

16x media costs a little more but it's worth the extra cost, IMHO.

Drive I/O speed for one. When copying disk to disk I use 4x to keep the bit bucket from getting empty - which forces the burner to enter a stop/start state while the read drive catches up. If I'm going HD to disk I use 8x - Unless I'm using el-cheapo Sony disks at which time I use 6x. -W

I prefer 16X also. Never had any problems on any DVDRW that I've owned.

Back