• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

CloneDVD vs Imgburn in ISO backup

hlkc

I have been using Imgburn to back up my ISO for DVD and BD. I had problem with Reservation Road with Imgburn and after a thread in AnyDVD, I downloaded a 21 days trial for CloneDVD and I was able to back up Reservation Road without problem now.

So what is the different between Imgburn and DVDclone? Pro and con. I am only backing up in ISO format and want to know a bit more before I purchase the CloneDVD.

Thanks for your input advance.

I have been using Imgburn to back up my ISO for DVD and BD. I had problem with Reservation Road with Imgburn and after a thread in AnyDVD, I downloaded a 21 days trial for CloneDVD and I was able to back up Reservation Road without problem now.

Yeah, Anydvd doesn't work with 1:1 disc copiers with Reservation Road. http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=15370

So what is the different between Imgburn and DVDclone?

Clonedvd will remove all structural protection with Anydvd running in the background. Imgburn won't. You can also choose what you want to remove (titles, audio, etc.) before ripping. Clonedvd doesn't backup PC files that may appears as bonus features, by the way (wallpapers, screensavers, etc.).

Anyway, you have a free 21 day trial period. Might as well make use of it to see if you like Clonedvd.

Last edited:
Yeah, Anydvd doesn't work with 1:1 disc copiers with Reservation Road. http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=15370

Clonedvd will remove all structural protection with Anydvd running in the background. Imgburn won't. You can also choose what you want to remove (titles, audio, etc.) before ripping. Clonedvd doesn't backup PC files that may appears as bonus features, by the way (wallpapers, screensavers, etc.).

Anyway, you have a free 21 day trial period. Might as well make use of it to see if you like Clonedvd.

Just for that reason, I like to buy it now. Where is the 20% off coupon code? Is it over already?

So what is the different between Imgburn and DVDclone? Pro and con. I am only backing up in ISO format and want to know a bit more before I purchase the CloneDVD.

Thanks for your input advance.

If you use the AnyDVD ripper and then build an ISO image with ImgBurn it is essentially the same as doing a full-disc rip using CloneDVD in conjunction with AnyDVD and having CloneDVD create the ISO at the end of the ripping process. CloneDVD rips the files and then builds the ISO in a second step. Of course, ImgBurn gives you the option of selecting the layer break for DL. On the other hand, CloneDVD allows you to make a selective backup of a SD DVD where ImgBurn does not.

ImgBurn used directly with AnyDVD on-the-fly is more along the lines of CloneCD. There are some discs with structural protection that will cause problems.

It ended on May 4th, I believe.
I guess I will wait for the next round of sales now.

If you use the AnyDVD ripper and then build an ISO image with ImgBurn it is essentially the same as doing a full-disc rip using CloneDVD in conjunction with AnyDVD and having CloneDVD create the ISO at the end of the ripping process. CloneDVD rips the files and then builds the ISO in a second step. Of course, ImgBurn gives you the option of selecting the layer break for DL. On the other hand, CloneDVD allows you to make a selective backup of a SD DVD where ImgBurn does not.

ImgBurn used directly with AnyDVD on-the-fly is more along the lines of CloneCD. There are some discs with structural protection that will cause problems.

That make sense. Thanks for the info.

Back