• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Just purchased both and nothing works.

nikossf

Ive tried about 3 different dvds now,.and all of them have gotten an error message around the 50-70% mark,. I get a message saying the dvd is dirty,.or the dvd is bad,..or that it is some sort of different region??
OR
I get a message saying
Processing Error:
E:Video_TS/VTS_27_1/VOB:read error
the system cannot read from the specified device.
if reading the media has failed, please clean the surgace and try again.

I have tried uploading the current version of clone and any dvd to no avail.
I have also tried cleaning all dvds and my computer before trying.
Nothing works,. Whats the worst is I was using clone dvd and any dvd for months,..then my computer messed up,. so I had to re-install both and pay again for both. Now I cant even make copies of anything.
Someone please help.

Attachments

• AnyDVD_Info_E_CHEERLEADERS DISC 2.zip
    83.8 KB · Views: 5
Ive tried about 3 different dvds now,.and all of them have gotten an error message around the 50-70% mark,.

I get a message saying:
Processing Error
E:Video_TS/VTS_27_1/VOB:read error
the system cannot read from the specified device.
if reading the media has failed, please clean the surgace and try again.

I have tried uploading the current version of clone and any dvd to no avail.
I have also tried cleaning all dvds and my computer before trying.
Nothing works,. Whats the worst is I was using clone dvd and any dvd for months,..then my computer messed up,. so I had to re-install both and pay again for both. Now I cant even make copies of anything.
Someone please help.

Attachments

• AnyDVD_Info_E_CHEERLEADERS DISC 2.zip
    83.8 KB · Views: 2
Well, first things first. This disc isn't a commercially sold disc.

Summary for drive E: (AnyDVD 6.4.2.0)
HP DVD WRITER 640C CS30 CNL854286C
Drive (Hardware) Region: 1

Media is a DVD.
Booktype: dvd-r (version 5), Layers: 1
Total size: 2100128 sectors (4101 MBytes)

Video DVD (or CD) label: CHEERLEADERS DISC 2
Media is not CSS protected.
Video Standard: NTSC
Media is region free.

RCE protection not found.
AI scan forced, heuristic scan detected no protection!
Found & removed structural copy protection!
Autorun not found on Video DVD.
Bad sector protection not found.
Emulating RPC-2 drive with region 1!

Some discs don't contain CSS and some are also region free so that doesn't mean much. The booktype of DVD-R does stand out. This is a copy of an original.

Use the original disc and make a backup and not this copy.

I will note that from looking at your logs you have problematic filters installed and I would recommend you remove them. The filters may or may not be part of the problem and could cause problems later with other discs.

Pfc (system32\drivers\pfc.sys), Version: 2.5.0.204 (2.5.0.204)
Company: Padus, Inc.
Product: Padus(R) ASPI Shell
Copyright: (C) Padus, Inc. 1999-2001. All rights reserved.
Description: Padus(R) ASPI Shell
FileVersion: 2, 5, 0, 204
ProductVersion: 2, 5, 0, 204

Iviaspi (system32\drivers\iviaspi.sys), Version: 1.0.0.0 (1.0.0.0)
Company: InterVideo, Inc.
Product: InterVideo ASPI Shell
Copyright: InterVideo, Inc. 1999-2003. All rights reserved.
Description: InterVideo ASPI Shell
FileVersion: 1, 0, 0, 0
ProductVersion: 1, 0, 0, 0

1. Create a backup of your registry
  2. Download ImgBurn (freeware) here: http://www.imgburn.com/index.php?act=download.
  3. Start ImgBurn and go to Tools > Filter Driver Load Order....
  4. Select "pfc". Click Remove Selected Filter. Click OK.
  5. Select "iviaspi". Click Remove Selected Filter. Click OK.
  6. Reboot

Whatever programs installed those filter will no longer work properly.

Refer here (http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=15536) for more information on some of those filters.

Last edited:
so what to do??

Is there anything I can do to still rip these using the 2nd disc?
Also, how do I create a backup of the registry?

Is there anything I can do to still rip these using the 2nd disc?

Possibly but why not use the original? It's hard to figure out a problem when the disc being copied isn't the original disc. The software used to make the original copy could have created a problem or countless other things.

Try disabling AnyDVD and see if you can copy the disc with just CloneDVD.

Also, how do I create a backup of the registry?

The easiest thing to do would be to make a restore point in Windows. If all you do is remove the filters I listed and do as I posted then there really shouldn't be a problem. However, I won't be held responsible for anything done that I did not explicitly say to do.

To get those filters back you just have to reinstall the software that original installed them. I know that iviaspi.sys is installed with WinDVD 9 among other software and I don't recall which installs pfc.sys.

For a really detailed way to make a registry backup when using Windows XP & Windows Vista refer here: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/322756.

Same thing

Same thing happends when I try disabling Any dvd.
E:/Video_TS/VTS_08_0IFO: read error

What is this?

Same thing happends when I try disabling Any dvd.

What is this?

It means the disc you are attempting to copy is bad/faulty. It's a read error. It can be caused by a bad burn, a scratch, an imperfection, etc.
It can also be caused by a faulty drive.

If you want help from me, buy the original disc; use that for the source.

And I recommend doing what Drinklyeanddie wrote.

Last edited:
I Just Purchased This!! Again!!

It was working fine before my computer crashed,..i was able to do everything I needed too,..now that I purchased these programs all over again keep getting this error:

Whats going on? I have submitted my logs,.and went throuh the registry process as you asked. Made sure I deleted those filters. But still nothing.
Could someone pleaseee help me,..I just spent almost $100 dollars,..again..
??? omg,....what to do??????

It was working fine before my computer crashed,..i was able to do everything I needed too,..now that I purchased these programs all over again keep getting this error:

Whats going on? I have submitted my logs,.and went throuh the registry process as you asked. Made sure I deleted those filters. But still nothing.

1. I didn't say removing the filters would work. I said it might make a difference but more importantly having those filters installed could cause a problem in the future.
  2. I don't know the cause of your problem. There are too many factors involved.
  3. You are trying to make a backup of a backup which really isn't the purpose of the software. It should work but there's always a chance it won't.
  4. The error that you are receiving generally happens when a read error occurs. It could be the disc, the drive, something that is incompatible on your system, etc.
  5. I'm unsure how you spent almost $100 again. If you had already purchased previously the software then you didn't need to purchase it again.
  6. Try making an image of it with ImgBurn without using AnyDVD at all. It may or may not work since I don't know the source of your problem.
  7. I've already pointed out that you should use the original disc. You've not really addressed that. Do you not own it? If you don't own the original then I can't help you.
  8. My suggestion is to contact Slysoft Support.

For further help contact Slysoft Support as I noted above or maybe someone else will be able to figure things out. Definitely mention that you re-purchased the software not realizing you didn't have to. They may give you a refund since you did not need to purchase the software again.

Last edited:
You Bought this product twice :doh: Just For some scratches or Scuff discs?.
I know at times Anydvd can do some magical tricks but it can't bring bad Defected back from the dead.

Anydvd works wonder on decent & clean/clear DVDs..

Not Sure if this is your exact situation or not, but similar situation happen to me as well.
First let me asked are you using junk media to record DVD, if yes then this could create problem. Second here is something interesting worth to note if you use cheap quality media to record DVD they may work for 2 or 3 months, but in long run they might not work. (Personally it happen to me twice) recoded the movie and verify it worked for a while then stop working (No Drive was not bad).

While at it run drive scan to see if disc is bad. I think it is called CD or DVD speed.

Another thing worth mention is there a scratch or something like that on disc. If yes it could be laser is having hard time reading it, if this is case change the disc. To do so you can use Bad copy pro (Which worked for me, you can use this even if windows or any DVD can’t no longer see the disc) to recover data or movie of your disc before it go bad, after that burn on verbatim media. Singapore ones. Else use original.

Setting the region

Can someone please walk me through a step by step procedure for setting the region codes on any dvd or clone dvd? Also, please explain what the difference is when setting these regions.
I have been having some problems backing up some dvds I have and now im getting a disc read error.
See my previous posts as well. "Just purchased both and nothing works."
Could someone let me know if this could be a problem I am having.

Same processing error

I have been recieving the same error and I am coming across the same issues. I had to reinstall everything all over again and repurchase everything,.now im getting those errors too.
Whats going on? I have done everything people have told me to do on here, to no avail. Nothing works?
Is there something wrong with the new Any dvd or Clone dvd patch?

I have been recieving the same error and I am coming across the same issues. I had to reinstall everything all over again and repurchase everything,.now im getting those errors too.
Whats going on? I have done everything people have told me to do on here, to no avail. Nothing works?

Stop posting in other people's troubleshooting threads. I already moved one of your prior posts. You were trying to copy a backup and not a original retail disc. You can not compare your problem to that of the original poster in the thread you posted this in.

You were not forced or required to purchase the software again. I told you to contact Slysoft Support. Have you?

Last edited:
nikossf: This is not an original disc you are trying to back up, so there is no protection for AnyDVD to remove, I have no idea why it will not copy, and neither does anyone else here. There is nothing wrong with AnyDVD or CloneDVD, and I have no idea what you are referring to when you mention a patch. This disc should be able to be backed up by any program since it is protection free. Try another program and disable AnyDVD. Repurchasing the program is silly, if you are purchasing the same program. There is either something wrong with your drive or the disc is bad.

Adult dvds

Anyone know of the best way to backup adult dvds? Ive noticed most of the newer adult dvds any dvd and clone dvd do not work with?
Why is that? Anyone know of another good resource?

Anyone know of the best way to backup adult dvds? Ive noticed most of the newer adult dvds any dvd and clone dvd do not work with?
Why is that? Anyone know of another good resource?

This is your last warning: stop creating new threads about the exact same issue. :policeman:

Lets get to the bottom of this post

Are all disks you are trying to copy doing this or only this one?
If all disks are doing this, go to Walmart and get a 40$ NEW DVD burner, it might even read the disk. I had a lot of read errors and replaced my drive finialy with a liteon from Wllmart and it has been great. The irony of this is the origional burner was a Panasonic 4 years old borught when they were still 200$ for a dVD burner so get a new one.
If it is just this one disk, oh well get another disk.

Back