• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

AnyDVD 6.4.2.0 anydvd.sys not digitally signed?

NetMavrik

I have a fresh installation of Vista x64 SP1. I installed AnyDVD 6.4.2.0 by right-clicking on it and selecting "Run as Administrator", then restarted the computer when prompted to do so.

AnyDVD doesn't work because the driver file anydvd.sys isn't loaded because it isn't digitally signed. I verified this by looking at the device status of my DVD drive. The status is:

"This device is working properly.

Windows did not start a related device driver. To learn more, click the Driver tab and then click Driver Details."

The Driver Details tab indicates that C:\Windows\System32\Drivers\AnyDVD.sys is "Not digitally signed".

Any help appreciated.

It is signed as I use slysoft's products on the 64 bit vista as well. Sounds like your firewall or registry blocking program or the antivirus is not installing or downloading the whole program?

Yeah, Anydvd works perfectly fine on Vista 64 bit Ultimate edition for me.

I knew that Vista x64 was supported.

@Charlie:
Current setup is Vista x64 SP1, clean install. Nothing else other than necessary hardware drivers. No antivirus, no 3rd party firewall. UAC is disabled. Windows Defender is also disabled. Install was performed as Administrator.

Device Manager clearly indicates that anydvd.sys isn't digitally signed and isn't being loaded.

Thanks.

I knew that Vista x64 was supported.

Not only is it supported, but Anydvd 6.4.2.0 works perfectly fine on Vista 64 bit Ultimate edition SP1 on a computer in my household. I am not having any issues.

And Charlie is also using Vista 64 bit Ultimate Edition SP1 without any problems.

Not a crack. I downloaded AnyDVDSetup6420.exe again. Removed it, restarted, then reinstalled as Administrator. UAC has been disabled since Vista first booted.

Here is a screenshot. (Image cropped to meet requirements.)

I'm confused as to why Vista is insistant that anydvd.sys isn't signed.

Thanks for everyone's replies.

Attachments

• AnyDVD.jpg
    AnyDVD.jpg
    22.2 KB · Views: 24
I'm confused as to why Vista is insistant that anydvd.sys isn't signed.

Thanks for everyone's replies.

They are signed. Otherwise, Anydvd wouldn't work under Vista 64 bit edition.

I am going to go check on the Vista 64 computer . . .

Last edited:
Hmm. I navigated to C:\Windows\System32\Drivers, right-clicked on anydvd.sys, chose the Digital Signatures tab, Details, and sure enough, it is digitally signed, and Windows confirms that the signature is Ok.

However, the Device Manager indicates that a driver associated with the device was not started because it isn't signed. Also, the green signature icon is missing from the driver details tab within the device manager.

This is very odd.

I'm not attaching screenshots of the above because it is too troublesome to conform them to forum rules, and they will not contradict what I am stating.

Thanks.

I am going to go check on the Vista 64 computer . . .

Yeah, mine is signed.

c:\windows\system32\drivers\anydvd.sys

Right click properties. Select "digital signatures" tab.

Digital signature by Slysoft.inc
issued by Globalsign Objectsign CA

/shrug

However, the Device Manager indicates that a driver associated with the device was not started because it isn't signed.

Did you reboot after installing Anydvd?

Either Anydvd isn't installed on your system properly, or something you've done in the past with respect to administrative settings is blocking the driver.

Last edited:
Yeah, so is mine!

What does the Driver Details of your DVD device show within the Device Manager.

Thanks again for your help so far!

Did you reboot after installing Anydvd.

Either Anydvd isn't installed on your system properly, or something you've done in the past with respect to administrative settings is blocking the driver.

I always reboot when prompted. The last thing I did was to perform a System Restore to before I installed AnyDVD (after properly uninstalling it , of course. )

I am not taking shortcuts, or doing anything weird like I have seen many other people do. This is a very fresh installation of Vista, with all available Windows Updates, Office 2007, and QuickBooks.

It is definately and issue with Vista and not AnyDVD. I suspect a change with either SP1 or a Windows Updates has caused this. I don't know whatelse to do, though.

I need to run the x64 version of Vista in order to utilize the 8GB of memory I will need once I start a HD video editing project. Otherwise, I would install the 32 bit version.

Yeah, that shows it's not digitally signed. But Anydvd still works though.

Thanks for your help. Since this is a fresh setup, I am going to format and reinstall and then immediately setup AnyDVD before I load any updates.

I will post my status once completed.

Thanks again for your help.

I suspect a change with either SP1 or a Windows Updates has caused this. I don't know whatelse to do, though.

I'm not sure either since SP1 is installed. All the vista updates are installed on this system too, so I'm not sure . . .

I'll ask zebadee and samurihl if they have any thoughts. They are both very good at resolving Vista issues. You're positive you never told UAC
or Vista to block anydvd in the past?

I only use Vista to play DirectX 10 games, really. :D

Last edited:
Thanks for your help. Since this is a fresh setup, I am going to format and reinstall and then immediately setup AnyDVD before I load any updates.

You may want to wait to see what SamuriHL or Zebadee has to say. It's probably some stupid setting in Vista that needs to be changed, but I don't know what that would be.

Don't install as administrator. Install as a normal user and let it elevate the privs.

Hi :)
I have Vista Ultimate 64 bit SP1.
Have all of UAC etc running as default. (Even Spybot Teatimer).
Have not set AnyDVD to run as Administrator.
Do not get any problems whatsoever.
For some reason depending on how you seek to tell whether AnyDVD is an assigned driver.
You can get false reports.
Via Windows defender Explorer is just one.
It is assigned, wouldn't work with 64 bit otherwise. As already stated.
Just my pennies worth. 8)

sshot103vw2.png

Last edited:
Back