• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Mr. Brooks, Region 2, German

plato

Hi! :)

This DVD really makes me sick...
Using AnyDVD 6.4.1.2 and CloneDVD 2.9.1.7 both programs don't show any error messages while creating an ISO/UDF image and in the end CloneDVD even reports success.
The only thing is that the image looks like this and CloneDVD doesn't accept it:

file-2.jpg

I have also created an image with CloneCD 5.3.1.0 but I didn't burn it yet, due to the danger of possible bad success (each VERBATIM blank media costs 2.00 €).

Attachments

• AnyDVD_Info_F_Mr. Brooks.zip
    61.6 KB · Views: 3
The only thing is that the image looks like this

That just means you have no program associated with .isos. How were you creating the .iso? Did you use Clonedvd?

Why are you creating an .iso anyway? Just rip to dvd files, and then attempt to play the ripped dvd files in Powerdvd (or a dvd software playback program).

and CloneDVD doesn't accept it

:confused: What does that mean? How are you trying to make Clonedvd accept it? Why are you trying to run it through Clonedvd again?

I have also created an image with CloneCD 5.3.1.0 but I didn't burn it yet, due to the danger of possible bad success (each VERBATIM blank media costs 2.00 €).

Just use Virtual Clonedrive and mount the image. Then try to play the image using Powerdvd or something dvd software playback program. If the image plays fine, then burning shouldn't be an issue.

That just means you have no program associated with .isos. How were you creating the .iso? Did you use Clonedvd?

I deinstalled CloneDVD and installed it again, but the problem remains the same. Furthermore I tried another DVD and everything worked perfectly fine.
As I said: I used CloneDVD 2.9.1.7.

Why are you creating an .iso anyway? Just rip to dvd files, and then attempt to play the ripped dvd files in Powerdvd (or a dvd software playback program).

It's the way I always create copies...

:confused: What does that mean? How are you trying to make Clonedvd accept it? Why are you trying to run it through Clonedvd again?

I run CloneDVD again in order to "Write Existing Data" and then when I select "ISO/UDF image" it doesn't recognize the ISO/UDF image I have created before.

Just use Virtual Clonedrive and mount the image. Then try to play the image using Powerdvd or something dvd software playback program. If the image plays fine, then burning shouldn't be an issue.

Thank you very much for your suggestion, Webslinger. I haven't thought of it...
Nevertheless it is obvious that something goes wrong with CloneDVD; maybe due to a new copy protection that AnyDVD doesn't handle :confused:

I deinstalled CloneDVD and installed it again, but the problem remains the same.

Why would that change anything? Clonedvd doesn't automatically associate itself with .isos as far as I know.
You're complaining that icon doesn't have a picture, right? That means that whatever file extension that particular image has
isn't associated with any program on your computer. What is the actual file extension for that file? Nothing?

I fail to see what the problem is. You're at least going to have to provide an error message. What is the actual file extension?
It doesn't appear to have one.

It's the way I always create copies

So? Rip to dvd files and attempt to play them on your computer. If you want to verify an issue exists, that's how you do it.

I run CloneDVD again in order to "Write Existing Data" and then when I select "ISO/UDF image" it doesn't recognize the ISO/UDF image I have created before.

What is the file extension? Rename it and add ".iso" afterwards.

Nevertheless it is obvious that something goes wrong with CloneDVD

I'm sorry, but I don't perceive anything as being "obvious" from your description. It's possible there's a problem, but unless you start doing as I ask and provide far more information, it's impossible to tell.

All you're telling me is that you have a file on your desktop that doesn't have a picture/icon--and that Clonedvd doesn't recognize the file. Does the file have an actual .iso extension?

Last edited:
Why would that change anything? Clonedvd doesn't automatically associate itself with .isos as far as I know.

I didn't know that.

I fail to see what the problem is. You're at least going to have to provide an error message. What is the file extension?

Unfortunately there is no error message.
There even is no file extension. It is just called "Datei" (english: "File").

What is the file extension? Rename it and add ".iso" afterwards.

I did it. CloneDVD now accepts the file.

I'm sorry, but I don't perceive anything as being "obvious"
from your description. It's possible there's a problem, but unless you start doing as I ask and providing far more information, it's impossible to tell.

Maybe the problem is solved now...
But I still believe CloneDVD or AnyDVD have their problems with that disc. It's the first time that this phenomenon happens to me and I have copied a lot of movies until now.

I did it. CloneDVD now accepts the file.

Well, you didn't create an .iso extension or Clonedvd didn't for some reason. That's all. Hardly a big deal

But I still believe CloneDVD or Anydvd

If the problem is merely creating an ".iso" extension the problem would either be Clonedvd not automatically creating an .iso extension--or you not specifying an .iso extension. The problem wouldn't be Anydvd. Anydvd decrypts. Clonedvd is doing the file creation.

Again, if you want to test, mount the image in a virtual drive and attempt to play the files with Powerdvd or a dvd playback software program.

Well, you didn't create an .iso extension or Clonedvd didn't for some reason. That's all. Hardly a big deal

CloneDVD should automatically do that.

If the problem is merely creating an ".iso" extension the problem would either be Clonedvd not automatically creating an .iso extension--or you not specifying an .iso extension. The problem wouldn't be Anydvd.

Again, if you want to test, mount the image in a virtual drive and attempt to play the files with Powerdvd or a dvd playback software program.

Thank you very much so far. I will do that and post my results here in the forum.

Did you manually change the file name in Clonedvd? Did you specify a new file name to be created or something (change the path)?

I didn't change the filename in CloneDVD... The file was on desktop; I renamed it and added ".iso" afterwards. The file now looks like it should and CloneDVD has no problems accepting it.

I have sent a pm to peer asking him to have a look into that (possible) problem.

I didn't change the filename in CloneDVD...

No. I mean when you originally created the file . . .

How did you create this .iso? You used Clonedvd, right?

In Clonedvd did you change anything (the file path)? Did you manually specify a file name or location in Clonedvd when you created this .iso?

The file was on desktop; I renamed it and added ".iso" afterwards. The file now looks like it should.

Yes. I know that. That's what I told you to do.

I'm asking when you used Clonedvd to create the file originally, did you change the output path or specify a filename?

Last edited:
No. I mean when you originally created the file . . .

How did you create this .iso? You used Clonedvd, right?

In Clonedvd did you change anything (the file path)? Did you specify a file name or location.
Yes. I know that. That's what I told you to do.

I'm asking when you used Clonedvd to create the file originally, did you change the output path or specify a filename?

Sorry...
I always prefer to select "CloneDVD". When it asks me for the "output method" I always select "ISO/UDF image" and for "file path" I select desktop. Usually I name these files after the movie's name.

Usually I name these files after the movie's name.

Then it seems reasonable to me that you might have accidently forgotten to add the .iso extension to the filename or your removed it (".iso") manually. In other words, I believe you are responsible for not specifying the ".iso" extension within Clonedvd.

Last edited:
Then it seems reasonable to me that you might have accidently forgotten to add the .iso extension to the filename or your removed it (".iso") manually. In other words, I believe you are responsible for removing the ".iso" extension within Clonedvd.

No. CloneDVD automatically adds the .iso extension and I didn't remove it, otherwise I would have noticed it.
Hopefully peer will comment on this phenomenon because our statements concerning that issue are solely frenzied speculation.

Plato, just always ensure ".iso" (without the quotation marks) is at the end of the filename.

Last edited:
Plato, just always ensure ".iso" (without the quotation marks) is at the end of the filename.

I tested some other DVDs and for some reason CloneDVD sometimes automatically puts ".iso" and sometimes it doesn't.
Now I am convinced that the missing ".iso" was the reason for the problem ("Mr. Brooks"). Recently I had a virus on my system and probably this is why some programs work "differently" ("Microsoft Office Outlook 2007" doesn't work properly, too).

Nevertheless thank you very much, Webslinger. If people like me paid you 250$ per hour for supporting them you would have been a rich man! ;)
peer, sorry for disturbing you; I know how busy you are.

I tested some other DVDs and for some reason CloneDVD sometimes automatically puts ".iso" and sometimes it doesn't.
Now I am convinced that the missing ".iso" was the reason for the problem ("Mr. Brooks"). Recently I had a virus on my system and probably this is why some programs work "differently" ("Microsoft Office Outlook 2007" doesn't work properly, too).

Nevertheless thank you very much, Webslinger. If people like me paid you 250$ per hour for supporting them you would have been a rich man! ;)
peer, sorry for disturbing you; I know how busy you are.

I'll pass it on.

Back