• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

AnyDVD tray for other users?

gohd

When I use RDC to login as another user, I can't access the AnyDVD UI to temporarily disable AnyDVD or change it's settings.

Is there any way to have the AnyDVD tray displayed for other users? Or is there some other way of accessing the AnyDVD settings?

I tried manually running 'AnyDVDtray.exe', but that did nothing. I also tried uninstalling and re-installing to see if I missed an installer setting for all users, but there is no such setting.

Hmm. It works fine for me, I think. I'll have to check and see.

When I use RDC to login as another user, I can't access the AnyDVD UI to temporarily disable AnyDVD or change it's settings.

Is there any way to have the AnyDVD tray displayed for other users? Or is there some other way of accessing the AnyDVD settings?

I tried manually running 'AnyDVDtray.exe', but that did nothing. I also tried uninstalling and re-installing to see if I missed an installer setting for all users, but there is no such setting.

You need to have the admin rights set up for that user as well to have access to the program. Try the admin table in the control panel

Yeah, both accounts are admins. This is on Vista.

What I'm seeing is that whichever account logs in first gets the AnyDVD tray.

When I look in the Windows Task Manager, I see one instance of AnyDVDTray.exe and it has the user name of whoever logged in first.

Other programs that display UI in the tray seem to have multiple instances of their tray UI exe, one for each user. So for example I see two ehtray.exe (Media Center tray) instances running in the Task Manager.

If you are able to be logged into two different accounts at the same time and both accounts have the AnyDVD UI, do you have multiple instances of AnyDVDTray.exe running?

Yeah, both accounts are admins. This is on Vista.

What I'm seeing is that whichever account logs in first gets the AnyDVD tray.

When I look in the Windows Task Manager, I see one instance of AnyDVDTray.exe and it has the user name of whoever logged in first.

Other programs that display UI in the tray seem to have multiple instances of their tray UI exe, one for each user. So for example I see two ehtray.exe (Media Center tray) instances running in the Task Manager.

If you are able to be logged into two different accounts at the same time and both accounts have the AnyDVD UI, do you have multiple instances of AnyDVDTray.exe running?

Ohkay, I see where you headed with this; and have no answer. :(
I tried it and had the same problem.... Maybe James could answer!?

Feature request?

James,

Might you consider this as a feature request? Would others find this useful?

Cheers!

Back