• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Netflix streaming DRM

GLDrescher

Is there a way to use AnyDVD-HD to bypass DRM for Netflix streaming videos? (They won't play on my system unless I set my monitor to very low resolution.)

Is there a way to use AnyDVD-HD to bypass DRM for Netflix streaming videos? (They won't play on my system unless I set my monitor to very low resolution.)

No. Anydvd HD is intended for commercial Blu-ray and HD-DVD movie discs.

I play them at 1080p (upconverted) with the DRM intact. The Netflix player does not stream based on the resolution of your monitor. It streams one of 4 quality videos based on the speed of your internet connection:

500 Kbps ( Requires 700 Kbps connection)
1000 Kbps ( Requires 1400 Kbps connection)
1600 Kbps ( Requires 2240 Kbps connection)
2200 Kbps ( Requires 3080 Kbps connection)

The "2200 Kbps" actually has a 6000 Kbps VBR video rate.

I wrote a plugin for GBPVR that allows you to choose the bitrate you want to download regardless of your speed.

Sorry, mods. I won't discuss this further here and this can be deleted if I violated any rules.

I play them at 1080p (upconverted) with the DRM intact. The Netflix player does not stream based on the resolution of your monitor. It streams one of 4 quality videos based on the speed of your internet connection:

500 Kbps ( Requires 700 Kbps connection)
1000 Kbps ( Requires 1400 Kbps connection)
1600 Kbps ( Requires 2240 Kbps connection)
2200 Kbps ( Requires 3080 Kbps connection)

The "2200 Kbps" actually has a 6000 Kbps VBR video rate.

I wrote a plugin for GBPVR that allows you to choose the bitrate you want to download regardless of your speed.

Sorry, mods. I won't discuss this further here and this can be deleted if I violated any rules.

Actually If I'm guessing right as to what the OP is referring to, you can only run the Netflix WatchNow at 480p if you are using a component connection (for example). I have this exact dilemma and its a result of the COPP (or whatever it is called) protection in Vista. Had a Media Center 2005 HTPC prior and component out used to work fine.

I'd LOVE a way for Slysoft to remove this restriction :bowdown:

Oh, I have a DVI -> HDMI connection which may be why I never ran into that issue.

I believe “rsd” is correct but I never had this problem myself.

There may be one way to deal with it but I’m no expert on such things.

Perhaps changing your monitor’s connection may help. Anyway, “GLDrescher“, check you instant messages for a possible solution to your issue.

I play Netflix Instant Watch all the time at 1080 via my computer. Looked into my TV via an RGB cable, looks better than many other media sources I have...

Slysoft is not going to be able to remove DRM from any downloadable content. That is not the purpose of AnyDVD, nor any of their existing products. Slysoft creates products for legitimate owners of physical media to play the content without frivilous restrictions imposed on us by the MPAA, DVD, and Blu-ray consortium's.

Besides, Slysoft does not condone the use of their products (i.e. ripping to ISO, not watching the physical disk with AnyDVD enabled) with rental services, as you do not own the physical disk.

Be careful with this thread, as this is getting close to a mod closing it.

Back