• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Output Format

KeyDesignz

Hi All,
I have not bought this software yet, but I am enquiring as I want to purchase it to back up BD movies I bought and play back on a Mac Mini using XBMC. I want to know what format AnyDVD HD outputs to to enable HDD playback in High Def. Also if not directly playable, is there any way to convert this output format to something else to allow playback through XBMC? I would install Windows to do the ripping but play it all back on the Mac.
Cheers.

Anydvd HD just removes the encryption from the files so it's still in exactly the same format as the Blu-ray disc but with the encryption removed. It doesn't 'output' in any format, it's all down to how the original disc is encoded. Why not just use the 15 day trial first

Anydvd HD just removes the encryption from the files so it's still in exactly the same format as the Blu-ray disc but with the encryption removed. It doesn't 'output' in any format, it's all down to how the original disc is encoded. Why not just use the 15 day trial first

That's not 100% accurate though. If you use the AnyDVD ripper, then its outputting a folder structure on the hard drive that can be played with PowerDVD 7.3 Ultra 3319a or earlier, but, can't be opened with anything after that without converting it to ISO. Or you can use something like CloneCD or ImgBurn to read the disc into an ISO directly with AnyDVD active. If you output to ISO you must "mount" it using a program like Virtual CloneDrive or Daemon Tools.

(And yes, Adbear, I know YOU know all this but I'm just clarifying for the OP :))

Also, since he's on a Mac, that's out of my experience zone and have NO idea what is required for playback there or whether an ISO can be mounted and played correctly.

Back