• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

CloneDVD mobile 1.2.0.1 - multi core workaround

Peer

Redfox Development Team
Staff member
This beta is only required for dual/quad core users.

CloneDVD mobile Revision History

Version 1.2.0.1: 2008 04 28
- fix: some profiles didn't work correctly with multicore support
multithreading selectively disabled for the following
profiles (until a better solution is found):
- old PSP AVC profiles (except firmware > 3.30)
- Apple TV
- Xbox

Download here:

http://sandbox.slysoft.com/beta/SetupCloneDVDmobile1201.exe

Last edited:
This beta is only required for dual/quad core users.

CloneDVD mobile Revision History

Version 1.2.0.1: 2008 04 28
- fix: some profiles didn't work correctly with multicore support
multithreading selectively disabled for the following
profiles (until a better solution is found):
- old PSP AVC profiles (except firmware > 3.30)
- Apple TV
- Xbox

Download here:

http://sandbox.slysoft.com/beta/SetupCloneDVDmobile1201.exe
Does this ADD dual core support for those profiles where it did not work correctly (and which ones are they), or only REMOVE it for the problem profiles mentioned.

The 1.2.0.0 release thread specified what profiles were affected, but this changelog is not very clear (to me).

Thanks.

Last edited:
It would seem it's been disabled for the profiles listed.

Guess I'll be using Nero Recode still.

It would seem it's been disabled for the profiles listed.

Guess I'll be using Nero Recode still.

to me it looks like threads=0 is set for all - which means, auto, not disabled, seems an odd choice. only the *vcd ones are set to 1.

to me it looks like threads=0 is set for all - which means, auto, not disabled, seems an odd choice. only the *vcd ones are set to 1.

No. threads=0 enables automatic multithreading.

Thanks for the update. My quad-core machine will appreciate it even more. However, still not possible to do multiples, just one at a time which is quite inconvenient for TV series. Is it even being considered?

I need help. I am a TOTAL NOOB. I think my clone runs slow converting DVDs to DivX, could just be relative. I have a Core 2 Duo CPU on Vista home premium. I have been searching this forum and finally posted. Does this update utilize "multi-threading" to take advantage of the 2 processors? On another thread a gent suggested changing something in Windows settings to take advantage of the 2 cores. Need Help, what can I do?

Help! Need Info on Multi Core Processor and CMD.

I would like to take total advantage of my Core2Duo CPU. What is the best way? I have searched this forum, and have not found a definitive answer. Does the update at the top of this forum allow multi-threading, with the exceptions listed? What does the update beta do? There was a suggestion on another thread regarding changing the CPU setting in task manager. What would be the best way to maximize the processes? I am new to this and would appreciate any and all help.
Thanks.

I would like to take total advantage of my Core2Duo CPU. What is the best way? I have searched this forum, and have not found a definitive answer. Does the update at the top of this forum allow multi-threading, with the exceptions listed? What does the update beta do? There was a suggestion on another thread regarding changing the CPU setting in task manager. What would be the best way to maximize the processes? I am new to this and would appreciate any and all help.
Thanks.

In all likelihood CloneDVD Mobile is using both processors if you have selected a profile that will use them. I use PSP and PS3 profiles and they do utilize dual processors. If you want to check, start CDM converting a movie then right click the task bar, usually at the bottom, select “Task Manager”, and then click the “Performance” tab. At the top will be two line graphs scrolling along, one in each window that represents a processor core. If both show activity you can assume the processor is being utilized fully, If only one shows activity then you can assume the profile will not support multiple threads. The program will use both if it can using the latest update.

The problem is that not every profile is using the multiple cores. I convert my DVD files into VOBs and there is very little difference. For example it took me 2-3 minutes per 40-45 minute episode of a TV show on a Athlon XP 2400+ and takes about a couple of minutes to do the same on Intel Quad Core Q6600.

Therefore, the main issue that Slysoft have to tackle is to optimise every profile to make use of multiplie cores if such are present. And also to add multiple choice selections which would come in extremely handy for those TV shows converts.

Back