• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

SlySoft Chat & Anonymity

linx05

I have recently start to connect to the slysoft server by my client of choice, mIRC.

I have noticed if you connect via the Java client, you will have your address/hostname changed to linx05@irc.slysoft.com/255.255.255.255.

Is there any way I can achieve this while also using mIRC? I thought if I registered my nick there might be a setting I could change but I could not find any nick services.

Could this anonymity be enabled for people like me who choose to use different IRC clients please?

- linx05

EDIT: Come to think of it, would the server supporting SSL be a bit much? Thank you.

Last edited:
Hi linx05.

I have noticed if you connect via the Java client, you will have your address/hostname changed to linx05@irc.slysoft.com/255.255.255.255.
Yes, IP address spoofing is enabled for all users.

Is there any way I can achieve this while also using mIRC?
Since all IP addresses are spoofed, you do not have to change anything. You just have to stop wondering that you will always be able see your own IP address.

I thought if I registered my nick there might be a setting I could change but I could not find any nick services.
Type "/msg CariBot hello" and "/msg CariBot help" for available commands. More services will be available once there is something to protect. Currently the bot is there to avoid flooding and overtakes.

Could this anonymity be enabled for people like me who choose to use different IRC clients please?
Anonymity is already granted to all possible IRC clients. However, it is a good idea to enable the "[x] Invisible mode" in mIRC's "Options", main categorie "Connect" (topmost). This will set the +i mode and tell the server to enable privacy options (e.g. hiding your nick) if available.

Come to think of it, would the server supporting SSL be a bit much?
SSL support is planned for all services (forum, support server, chat, ...) as soon as we have a SSL wildcard certificate.

Greetings,
Joe

Strange...
In case I try to enter the chatroom a window appears telling me "digital signature is not valid".
Can I safely ignore that message or should I better take it seriously?

Thanks!

Hi Plato.

In case I try to enter the chatroom a window appears telling me "digital signature is not valid".

The chat is an IRC client implemented as Java applet which runs in your local Java Runtime Environment. In order to connect to the IRC server, it needs to run outside the sandbox. That is why a security warning pops up.

To help you decide whether the applet is trustworthy, our chat applet is signed using a so-called code signing certificate. This certificate is signed by a certification authority. If the browser is able to trace a chain of trust from the code signing certificate back to the root certificate of a trusted certification authority (so-called certification path), the digital signature is considered valid.

Possible reasons for the applet's signature being considered invalid by the browser are:
  • The root certificates of the certification authority are not installed in your browser. Solution: Install the GlobalSign ObjectSign root certificates.
  • Your system date is incorrect and outside the certificate's period of validity. Solution: Correct your system date.
  • There was a transmission error which corrupted the applet data. Solution: Clear your browser's cache and reload the chat page.
  • Your are the target of a man-in-the-middle attack who tries to foists malicious code. Solution: Non, just don't run it.
Can I safely ignore that message or should I better take it seriously?

You can never safely ignore security warnings. You should try to eliminate the reason for the signature not being recognised by your browser rather than allowing untrusted code to run on your computer.

Greetings,
Joe

Back