• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Doh...

drguitar

Bought the complete package the other day... all the programs. My son has some favorite DVDs he watches over and over....

Anyway, I just bought a new copy of Justice League (first season) and thought I would copy it so I can use the copy for him to ruin rather than continue buying new copies everytime he scratches the original. Wouldn't you know that Any DVD will not make a copy of this DVD. I get about half way through the DVD and AnyDVD finds errors it cannot read and it hangs.

I read through the forums and tried just about every program and combination of programs that people suggest without luck. I was hoping the new release (today) would solve the problem, but still hangs at 54%.

So now my desktop is cluttered with a dozen different programs and dozens of trys. :(

Anyone else ever try to copy Justice League season one?

Thanks Webslinger, but I am not sure I have the energy to go through all this yet again. I can tell you that I read all of the above posts you listed immediately after the first problem I had copying the DVD. That started a tedious yet complete list of possibilities of ways for me to copy this silly disc. And I tried them all, methodically, one by one. And 12 hours of trying later, I was no where further along than when I started.

Just for fun.. (lol) I may try to gather all the information you are looking for in your post. But not tonight... too tired and too frustrated...

Thanks Webslinger, but I am not sure I have the energy to go through all this yet again. I can tell you that I read all of the above posts you listed immediately after the first problem I had copying the DVD. That started a tedious yet complete list of possibilities of ways for me to copy this silly disc. And I tried them all, methodically, one by one. And 12 hours of trying later, I was no where further along than when I started.

Just for fun.. (lol) I may try to gather all the information you are looking for in your post. But not tonight... too tired and too frustrated...

An error message is necessary. And I need "step 8"

Otherwise, it's impossible to tell what the problem is.

Anydvd shouldn't be reading and hanging by the way, unless you're ripping with Anydvd. You should be using Clonedvd. That would be giving you the error message. That might stall and hang. It's unlikely that Anydvd would.

You haven't provided enough information.

Last edited:
CloneDVD2 gives me this error message:

Data Error (cyclic redundancy check)

And I have gotten this same error message from various DVD ripping software.

And AnyDVD show this is status:

Summary for drive E: (AnyDVD 6.1.2.3)
PLEXTOR DVDRPX-712A 1.09 03/31/0610:00
Drive (Hardware) Region: free

Media is a Data DVD.
Booktype: dvd-rom (version 1), Layers: 2 (opposite)
Size of first Layer: 1749840 sectors (3417 MBytes)
Total size: 3181401 sectors (6213 MBytes)

Video DVD (or CD) label: JUSTICE_LEAGUE_S1_D1
Media is CSS protected!
Video Standard: NTSC
Media is locked to region(s): 1 2 3 4!

RCE protection not found.
DVD structure appears to be correct.
Structural copy protection not found.
Autorun not found on Video DVD.
Bad sector protection not found.
Emulating RPC-2 drive with region 1!

As a side note: I have already cleaned the brand new DVD to make sure there are no problems on the DVD. Interestingly enough, the old scratched DVD has the exact same error message and stops at the same place as the brand new disc. :(

Does the above info help in some way?

Hey WS,

Thanks for all the info. I already did all of the above in the posts you linked. I guess it is possible that the brand new DVD has some sort of problem. I also am wondering about my DVD burner (Plextor 712a). I use it a lot and it might be about to give up the ghost.

Mostly, I am wondering about the copy protection on the disc.

Anyway, thanks. After a while it gets to be more expensive for me to spend too many hours on such a simple thing (as making a copy of a DVD I own) than it is to just buy an extra disc for when they wear out.

Hey WS,

Thanks for all the info. I already did all of the above in the posts you linked.

But your drive is "region free":
Drive (Hardware) Region: free

Unless you change that to match the region of the disc you're using, you might have problems.

This can cause problems.

Mostly, I am wondering about the copy protection on the disc.

I don't see anything overly exciting in terms of protection in what you listed.

Last edited:
When I click on "properties" for my Plextor, it comes up "region 1". I have tried to re-select region 1, but nothing happens.

Am I doing something wrong?

When I click on "properties" for my Plextor, it comes up "region 1". I have tried to re-select region 1, but nothing happens.

Am I doing something wrong?

Disable Anydvd when you attempt to set your region for your drive.

After, when you look at that Anydvd status screen again and if it still says your drive is region free, then something is wrong.

Got the region 1 going...

Summary for drive E: (AnyDVD 6.1.2.3)
PLEXTOR DVDRPX-712A 1.09 03/31/0610:00
Drive (Hardware) Region: 1

Media is a Data DVD.
Booktype: dvd-rom (version 1), Layers: 2 (opposite)
Size of first Layer: 1749840 sectors (3417 MBytes)
Total size: 3181401 sectors (6213 MBytes)

Video DVD (or CD) label: JUSTICE_LEAGUE_S1_D1
Media is CSS protected!
Media is locked to region(s): 1 2 3 4!

RCE protection not found.

Still getting the CRC error with the following note:

File 1 E:/VIDEO_TS/VTS_01_4.VOB 23 TCSectorReader

:(

Still getting the CRC error with the following note:

File 1 E:/VIDEO_TS/VTS_01_4.VOB 23 TCSectorReader

:(

I find it odd that a disc presumably bought in region 1 is showing as

"Media is locked to region(s): 1 2 3 4!"

I've never seen that before.
Where did you obtain this disc from?

Anyway, the crc read error would lead me to believe it's a problem with the original disc.

Last edited:
The disc was bought locally (Sun Coast Video?}.

Well, without having anything to compare it against, I'll just assume you have the official commercial release. The crc error leads me to believe it's a bad original disc. Other than css protection (which almost all commercial releases have in region 1), there's nothing terribly interesting or new in terms of protection on that disc.

If you're not having problems with other discs that would leave me to believe the problem is not with your drive, but the original disc.

Last edited:
I was afraid that it might be a hardware issue (Plextor is dying). I replaced the drive with a new Lite-On drive and already it is reading much better. I let you know the end result after the final burn.

EDIT:

Yep, the DVD burner was on it's last legs. The new burner did the job without a hiccup. That's for the info WS. Sometimes you have to work backwards to find the problem...

Thanks again!

Last edited:
EDIT:

Yep, the DVD burner was on it's last legs. The new burner did the job without a hiccup. That's for the info WS. Sometimes you have to work backwards to find the problem...

Thanks again!

I'm sorry to hear that your burner died. Hardware failures are difficult to diagnose sometimes. Good for you for figuring it out! :clap:

Yep, everything works like a charm! Who knew it could be this easy! I only wish I hadn't spent so many hours looking for a software/ripper problem. But whatever doesn't kill you, makes you stronger...

Thanks again...

Multi Region but not Every Region

This is actually pretty common, though the correct Region coding is rarely listed on the cover art. I have many that are for Regions 2 & 4, a few for Regions 2,4, & 5, at least one for Region 1 & 4 (which I can't show you as it requires Interactual), and here's the info for an Amazon purchase that is for Regions 1,3, & 4 [it doesn't say what the title is, but the disc is MOTORAMA]:

Summary for drive J: (AnyDVD 6.1.2.3)
PIONEER DVD-RWDVR-111D 1.29 06/08/10PIONEER

Media is a Data DVD.
Booktype: dvd-rom (version 1), Layers: 1
Total size: 1684736 sectors (3290 MBytes)

Video DVD (or CD) label: DVD_VIDEO
Media is CSS protected!
Media is locked to region(s): 1 3 4!

Found & removed RCE protection!
Changed firstplay: Jump directly to TitleMenu!

The point is that if you really want to know what region your disc is, you have to examine it, not just the cover art!

Summary for drive J: (AnyDVD 6.1.2.3)
PIONEER DVD-RWDVR-111D 1.29 06/08/10PIONEER

Media is a Data DVD.
Booktype: dvd-rom (version 1), Layers: 1
Total size: 1684736 sectors (3290 MBytes)

Video DVD (or CD) label: DVD_VIDEO
Media is CSS protected!
Media is locked to region(s): 1 3 4!

Found & removed RCE protection!
Changed firstplay: Jump directly to TitleMenu!

The point is that if you really want to know what region your disc is, you have to examine it, not just the cover art!

Interesting, thank you . . .

I've never seen a major studio release that was sold in North America that stated anything other than region 1 on it.

Back