• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

DVDs with Digital Copy

Spanky

I'm starting to see DVDs with a second disk called "Digital Copy" a DRM free WMV of the movie. There is a 16 digit code to copy it to the PC, but what's up with that?

It's for making legal copies to put on portable devices. I mentioned it in the "Is it legal......." thread. They tell about it on the "Hitman" dvd.

im all for using anydvd/clonedvd mobile to make an 'illegal' copy in the format and quality of my choice. :D

plus you can use clonedvd mobile to rip movies to divx and then burn multiple movies to a single disk (ex - i have all 20ish james bond movies on 5 sl-dvds) and the quality can still remain excellent. then you play them in a divx compatible dvd player or in a modded xbox with xbmc.

Yeah I know what it is jvc, I just can't figure why they are doing it.

It's DRM free? I didn't think that was the case with these...

You may be right, I was just reading about it on the FOX site and they do use DRM on their digital copy disk and make you download some stuff in order to use the file. I don't know about all the others.

Could Digital Copy contain 'hidden' files?

I've been wondering if part of the digal copy installation may be files that prohibit further backing up of other movie titles?

wouldnt surprise me in the slightest, but i think the only acknowledged purpose is to prevent computer-to-computer transfers

Back