• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Cant rip backup copy's

holden777

Hello long time ANY DVD user here.
I have lots of backup copys of movies i made with anydvd and dvd x copy express. like 200 plus.
I am trying to rip them to my computer so i can use handbreak to make them in to mp4 files. I have tried 5 disks none of them will rip.
It gets part done then just stops no error message just stops.
If i put store bought dvd's in it works fine. insted of my backups.
Any Ideas.
Thank you in advance for the help

Any Ideas.
you answered your own question really:
just use the original (store bought) dvd's again with handbrake to make the mp4 files.

on another note,what brand of blank media did you back up your (store bought) dvd's to?
lots of people on here swear by verbatim blank media.

Last edited:
verbatim or imation. A few of the movies are scratched because my lovely wife does not take care of the disks. so my backup is the only hope.

the dvd drive just quits spinning about half way and never spins up again
tried 4 diferent drives on 2 different computers 5 or 6 different disks

the dvd drive just quits spinning about half way and never spins up again
tried 4 diferent drives on 2 different computers 5 or 6 different disks

Imation is junk, and expecting problems with backups produced on Imation blank should be expected. And since you're having problems with backups produced by dvdxcopy, contact the makers of that program. This isn't an Andydvd issue.

Download Nero cd-dvd speed. It's a free program. With Anydvd running in the background, select the tab labeled "scandisc". Select the appropriate drive letter, and click "start". If Nero cd-dvd speed reports read errors, your disc is (probably) bad--even if it plays fine (or your optical drive could be slowly dying).

Last edited:
Back