• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Burning dvd-R format on dvd+rw disc

SWOLETAN

Ok, I did search and I just wanted to ask you experts. I had a whole bunch of spare sony dvd+rw discs and I noticed that they didn't work on most of my dvd players, like in my Escalade they don't work in the head unit dvd player but do work in the rear audiovox branded 11.5 player...They don't work on 2/3 dvd players in the house... So....I was backing up conspiracy with val kilmer (for some reason...) and I decided to pop in a blank dvd+rw sony disc and try burning it with the dvd-r format.. Surprise! IT WORKED(S) GREAT! ON ALL PLAYERS! I thought for sure that it wouldn't burn it or something.....

Anyway, Im asking for you thoughts as far as any "you can't do that because..", or "of course you can do that but those +RW discs wont store that movie any longer than 200 years", or "you lucked out" or "it shouldn't do that" or any educated thought from any of you all would be appriciated.

Thanks again
Brian

Ok, I did search and I just wanted to ask you experts. I had a whole bunch of spare sony dvd+rw discs and I noticed that they didn't work on most of my dvd players, like in my Escalade they don't work in the head unit dvd player but do work in the rear audiovox branded 11.5 player...They don't work on 2/3 dvd players in the house... So....I was backing up conspiracy with val kilmer (for some reason...) and I decided to pop in a blank dvd+rw sony disc and try burning it with the dvd-r format.. Surprise! IT WORKED(S) GREAT! ON ALL PLAYERS! I thought for sure that it wouldn't burn it or something.....

Anyway, Im asking for you thoughts as far as any "you can't do that because..", or "of course you can do that but those +RW discs wont store that movie any longer than 200 years", or "you lucked out" or "it shouldn't do that" or any educated thought from any of you all would be appriciated.

Thanks again
Brian

You mean Book-Typing DVD+RWs ..... to DVD-ROM ?
Right ?

http://www.k-probe.com/bitsetting-booktype-faq.php

Increased compatibility: DVD bitsetting

FAQ: What's all this about bitsetting/book type DVD-ROM

;)

Last edited:
I don't know lol, really what Im looking for is someone to tell me if there's any negatives to doing it.

What Im saying is, when I burned to the dvd+r discs (the right way) they didn't work in 60% of players, only the high-end players.. SOOO, I saw a stack of well over 100 of them staring me down, so I put one in while doing some verbatim -r disc burns,,, SURPRISE! They burn like butter and play back great...

Ill check out the links you posted,
Thank you for your thoughts.
Brian

No, not bitsetting, I changed nothing, simply burnt a +R disc as a -R. I thought surely the thing would kick it out, but it burnt... I have nero, but have only used it once, and never in the extras menu.... I downloaded a thing to do the bitsetting, but never opened it as I wanted to try it this way first.

Yup, those posts say these should be coasters, and they're playing.

I don't know lol, really what I'm looking for is someone to tell me if there's any negatives to doing it.

What I'm saying is, when I burned to the DVD+r discs (the right way) they didn't work in 60% of players, only the high-end players.. SOOO, I saw a stack of well over 100 of them staring me down, so I put one in while doing some verbatim -r disc burns,,, SURPRISE! They burn like butter and play back great...

Ill check out the links you posted,
Thank you for your thoughts.
Brian

It works .... Right ?

Where did you get the idea - that this was 'The Wrong way" ?

Many DVD Players bit-set to DVD-ROM - as Default

... Both of My DVD Players only support only -R / -RW / -ROM
I use TY +Rs - , Book-typed to DVD-ROM
Always have
I find they actually play better than -Rs

Read through the links I provided
Book-Typing is nothing new
Apparently ,
It's just what you needed to do ....8)

:)

I just thought that you were supposed to burn +r discs with +r....Figured it wouldn't let you do it, I don't know....

Well, Im glad they work, now Im 100+ discs ahead again lol.

Thanks

BTW, so the only negative would be they don't store as long (+RW) as the -R's right?
THnaks
Brina

Back