• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

How does VCD compare to daemon tools 4.12.1

stinman>=

Just wondering if it is as good or better,I have the Daemon tools lite 4.12.1 and it works fine,wondering about switching thinking that everything from slysoft would work good together?

well, dt handles tages and starforce.. vcd .. doesn't and you should be able to compare them both yourself to see :)

Comparing Daemon against VCD

well, dt handles tages and starforce.. vcd .. doesn't and you should be able to compare them both yourself to see :)

I know but I did not want to,I only use the Virtual drive for loading iso's in Power Dvd 8.I had to reload my operating system and wanted to get some info on how it was working before I tried it.

I know but I did not want to,I only use the Virtual drive for loading iso's in Power Dvd 8.I had to reload my operating system and wanted to get some info on how it was working before I tried it.

Stick w/ DT. I just tried VCD w/ MyMovies on an HTPC and had many issues with iso's being properly mounted (specially BD) over the netwro. Never had one single hickup w/ DT. Plus DT allows you to choose your driver letter. I did not see an easy way to do this w/ VCD in settings...

It's all about preference. Personally, I have moved away from DT. The newer SPTD driver has caused performance issues and compatibility issues with AnyDVD and My Movies. Keep using DT IF you create ISO's of game disks that utilize copy protection methods that DT tries to emulate.

@stinman>=:

Try using the newest Beta version of VCD. There were issues with calling VCD from CLI, which is what MM does. Using the newer version, I have not had an issue with mounting then unmounting ISO's through MM.

Stick w/ DT. I just tried VCD w/ MyMovies on an HTPC and had many issues with iso's being properly mounted (specially BD) over the netwro. Never had one single hickup w/ DT. Plus DT allows you to choose your driver letter. I did not see an easy way to do this w/ VCD in settings...

It's been awhile since I had VCD installed but why not use Administrative Tools > Computer Management > Storage > Disk Management in XP or Vista and manually set the drive letter? I always change my drive letters and never had issues with VCD or DT doing it this way.

question.

recently installed newest version of vcd on computer, also have the newest version of dt installed as well. is this ok? worried about conflicts?
any and all answers greatly appreciated and acknowledged in advance.

thanks

question.

recently installed newest version of vcd on computer, also have the newest version of dt installed as well. is this ok? worried about conflicts?
any and all answers greatly appreciated and acknowledged in advance.

thanks
Never say "newest". Always quote version numbers. With VCD 5.4.0.4 and up there are no known conflicts with DT.

Never say "newest". Always quote version numbers. With VCD 5.4.0.4 and up there are no known conflicts with DT.

james...thanks for putting my mind at ease...as long as i'm been using slysoft programs and reading this forum i should have known better than to say "newest" (5404 was what i was refering to...i also should have mentioned that the system is windows xp 32-bit)...just another dumb mistake on my part....using the word "newest" in our forums is kind of like saying never say never in one's personal life....

thanks once again for your prompt reply and all your insight and valuable help in the past as well as the future...

Back