• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Won't recognize DVD Image ISO as a DVD

Sliztzan

Hello,

I tried this program because it had some features I liked over Daemon Tools. But I have a problem with splitting the mounted DVD image into 1GB sections. I use ImgBurn to make a split ISO into 1 GB sections for use on FAT32 system.

Virtual drive reports the very large media as being a cd type disc then that's why splitting is failing.

Elby should make it so images >= 1GB are emulated as DVD's in the same way DAEMON Tools does it. :bang:

Here is the log file from ImgBurn showing this issue for your reference.

I 14:37:06 ImgBurn Version 2.4.0.0 started!
I 14:37:06 Microsoft Windows XP Professional (5.1, Build 2600 : Service Pack 2)
I 14:37:06 Total Physical Memory: 3,143,404 KB - Available: 2,423,312 KB
I 14:37:06 Initialising SPTI...
I 14:37:06 Searching for SCSI / ATAPI devices...
I 14:37:06 Found 1 DVD-ROM, 1 DVD±RW and 1 DVD±RW/RAM!
I 14:37:30 Operation Started!
I 14:37:30 Source Device: [4:0:0] ELBY CLONEDRIVE 1.1 (J:) (SCSI)
I 14:37:30 Source Media Type: CD-ROM
I 14:37:30 Source Media Sectors: 2,020,000
I 14:37:30 Source Media Size: 4,136,960,000 bytes
I 14:37:30 Source Media Volume Identifier: THE_SWELL
I 14:37:30 Source Media Volume Set Identifier: 2E3C7C76
I 14:37:30 Source Media Implementation Identifier: Apple Computer, Inc.
I 14:37:31 Source Media File System(s): ISO9660, UDF (1.02)
I 14:37:31 Read Speed (Data/Audio): MAX / 8x
I 14:37:31 Destination File: E:\EBTS.iso
I 14:37:31 Destination Free Space: 43,848,466,432 bytes (42,820,768 KB) (41,817 MB) (40 GB)
I 14:37:31 Destination File System: NTFS
I 14:37:31 File Splitting: 1 GB
I 14:37:31 Reading Session 1 of 1... (1 Track, LBA: 0 - 2019999)
I 14:37:31 Reading Track 1 of 1... (MODE1/2048, LBA: 0 - 2019999)

So I won't be able to use this tool until or if this is fixed. Will this be possible?

Thanks in advance :)

No Support because it's free?

I would like for someone here to answer this please.

[...]Elby should make it so images >= 1GB are emulated as DVD's in the same way DAEMON Tools does it.[...]
this would be a quite primitive method of determining the media type. it would work with dvd's. but what about other media types? for instance a 30 gig iso. what's this? an hd dvd? a bd? or an oversized dvd? that's rather important. the problem basically is that there is no information about the media type the iso comes from at all. it would be better not to workaround the problem by determining disk types by size but rather store an information about the media type within the image. that's not possible in iso but it's possible in other formats, e.g. nero or blind read/alcohol images. that's why i prefer them.

this would be a quite primitive method of determining the media type. it would work with dvd's. but what about other media types? for instance a 30 gig iso. what's this? an hd dvd? a bd? or an oversized dvd? that's rather important. the problem basically is that there is no information about the media type the iso comes from at all. it would be better not to workaround the problem by determining disk types by size but rather store an information about the media type within the image. that's not possible in iso but it's possible in other formats, e.g. nero or blind read/alcohol images. that's why i prefer them.

Primitive? I wouldn't want to say that to the creator of ImgBurn and DVD Decrypter! After all he is the one who made that statement to me. He is much more qualified than either one of us.

The MDS (Media Descriptor) file provides the format information required.
This file includes header information, which defines the tracks on the disk and the way the data is organized.

Primitive? I wouldn't want to say that to the creator of ImgBurn and DVD Decrypter! After all he is the one who made that statement to me. He is much more qualified than either one of us.
Yes he says such things because it's the only possibility with isos. trust me, i'm also quite qualified to say that. :)
The MDS (Media Descriptor) file provides the format information required.
This file includes header information, which defines the tracks on the disk and the way the data is organized.
there is no mds at isos, that's the point. that's why, as i said, i prefer the image types that have.

Last edited:
OK, I understand your point. This doesn't solve the problem with the software though. Why does it work with Daemon Tools and not this software?

OK, I understand your point. This doesn't solve the problem with the software though. Why does it work with Daemon Tools and not this software?

It will, you must use a .dvd file to tell VCD the disc type.

Unlike the binary .mds format, it is a simple text file like this

DiscType=DVD
bla.iso

Back