• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Here we go again

drkbrn23

Why not support both Blu-Ray and HD-DVD formats, it seems that Blu-Ray is going to be the winner by majority but HD-DVD might just stick around to provide the other option because no one can make up their minds on the matter.:cool:

Why not support both Blu-Ray and HD-DVD formats, it seems that Blu-Ray is going to be the winner by majority
Not any more, after AnyDVD HD is released! :D
but HD-DVD might just stick around to provide the other option because no one can make up their minds on the matter.:cool:
Blu-ray is more work.
1.) It is region coded
2.) It has additional protection layers
3.) No cheap read-only drives available

We are looking into it.

Hi,

Do you remember? Some time ago I sent you the free Muslix64 programs that can help you crack Blu-Ray:

http://forum.slysoft.com/misc.php?do=showattachments&t=1295

And I heard of a "universal key" that can crack all HD and Blu-Ray movies appeared so far (of course, AnyDVD-HD would have to be able to handle new keys, too). So the most important problem seems to be to disable the Blu-Ray Regions "on the fly," so users can watch discs from different Regions without having to rip them to harddisk (but you could use the Muslix64 program to help you create a ripper option at least).

I hope this will be helpful, and Blu-Ray support will be available soon.
Many greetings :) ,

A Friend

Hi,

Do you remember? Some time ago I sent you the free Muslix64 programs that can help you crack Blu-Ray:

http://forum.slysoft.com/misc.php?do=showattachments&t=1295

And I heard of a "universal key" that can crack all HD and Blu-Ray movies appeared so far (of course, AnyDVD-HD would have to be able to handle new keys, too). So the most important problem seems to be to disable the Blu-Ray Regions "on the fly," so users can watch discs from different Regions without having to rip them to harddisk (but you could use the Muslix64 program to help you create a ripper option at least).

I hope this will be helpful, and Blu-Ray support will be available soon.
Many greetings :) ,

A Friend
We don't use muslix64's code or this "universal key", our development is independent. I haven't even tried it. Does the muslix64 Blu-ray backup program allows you to bypass Blu-ray region code?

Why not support both Blu-Ray and HD-DVD formats, it seems that Blu-Ray is going to be the winner by majority but HD-DVD might just stick around to provide the other option because no one can make up their minds on the matter.:cool:

Wow, you're the first person I've seen that thought blu-ray was gonna win this. Personally, I think blu-ray will end up in the same position that Sony's other foray into format wars (beta) went...right down in flames. Why would I spend that much more money on blu-ray when the other HD-DVD is far cheaper and already supported?

Wow, you're the first person I've seen that thought blu-ray was gonna win this. Personally, I think blu-ray will end up in the same position that Sony's other foray into format wars (beta) went...right down in flames. Why would I spend that much more money on blu-ray when the other HD-DVD is far cheaper and already supported?
I agree Lin731, but it wouldn't surprise me if Sony came up with a winner once in a few decades:D

... it wouldn't surprise me if Sony came up with a winner once in a few decades:D

Valid point. And, honestly, statistically speaking their time is coming.

Remember DAT (Digital Audio Tape)? The idea wasn't the worst but it just failed to go where it could have. I hadn't heard anything about it since about 1993 but apparently Sony still sold DAT machines into 2005.

Remember the MiniDisc? Not dead but far from popular in the mainstream.

They're going to score big one of these days. I'm hoping it won't be with Blu-Ray.

And... to stay on topic. Geez, people, be happy we have AnyDVD HD as we do, already. If BR support is added later then great but can't be at least be excited at what we have? I have no intention of going the BR route unless I am forced to. I plan on sticking with HD-DVD.

Last edited:
Back