• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

AnyDVD caused BSOD

dougwright

I was watching the trailers before the movie on Juno (BD, Region A), and all of a sudden my system locked up and BSODed.

The BSOD said AnyDVD.sys was using unpaged memory in an paged area (or the other way around, I can't remember).

I didn't have time to write down all of the technical details it spewed out, and I can't find anywhere that Windows recorded them (thanks MS!), but the Windows problem reporter does offer up the following:

Product
Windows

Problem
Shut down unexpectedly

Date
24/04/2008 20:32

Status
Not Reported

Problem signature
Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
OS Version: 6.0.6001.2.1.0.256.1
Locale ID: 2057

Files that help describe the problem
Mini042408-02.dmp
sysdata.xml
Version.txt

Extra information about the problem
BCCode: 50
BCP1: FFFFF8804C67E18C
BCP2: 0000000000000000
BCP3: FFFFFA6002DA72EB
BCP4: 0000000000000005
OS Version: 6_0_6001
Service Pack: 1_0
Product: 256_1

This was Vista x64 SP1, AnyDVD 6.4.1.2 (PowerDVD 8)

I'm obviously not posting a minidump on the forum, but am happy to email it to a Slysoft rep if requested...

I've been getting the same thing for about a month now. I'm not blaming AnyDVD though, rather something about the driver updates from Microsoft. Not sure where it came from but it happened with an update somewhere about a month ago and any heavy video or drive use (like encoding or ripping) since has tripped the BSOD. Try setting the speed lower when ripping, it worked for ripping for me.

I've been getting the same thing for about a month now. I'm not blaming AnyDVD though, rather something about the driver updates from Microsoft. Not sure where it came from but it happened with an update somewhere about a month ago and any heavy video or drive use (like encoding or ripping) since has tripped the BSOD. Try setting the speed lower when ripping, it worked for ripping for me.

Thanks, we'll see if we can find anything.

X'50' in Vista - drivers

History is telling us that X'50' under these circumstances points to the video driver which should be verified and/or updated. Especially in connection with AnyDVD launching, that particular driver is directly part of the process and it is quite possible the SP1 has changed the envelope enough to force this crash.

Update the driver and go from there please.

Do you count 'Playing the disc' as heavy drive use?

History is telling us that X'50' under these circumstances points to the video driver which should be verified and/or updated. Especially in connection with AnyDVD launching, that particular driver is directly part of the process and it is quite possible the SP1 has changed the envelope enough to force this crash.

Update the driver and go from there please.

Hi Frank

What is X'50'? You've throughly confused me there!

I'm using the latest drivers from ATI.

Do you count 'Playing the disc' as heavy drive use?

NO, reading at 2x or 4x is not heavy use in my book, ripping at 18, 20 or 24x is though.

As a side note: the more I dig into the internet on both the OP's codes and mine, it looks like Microsoft has added support or activated the special chip-based heat sensors on hardware. I have an ASUS board with an AMD 64x2 that has been tripping the BSOD error, and one of the dump errors is a heat warning, listed in the error logs. What ever it is, it came from the windows update site, and hits both x86 and x64 versions.

second on the what's x50

Back