• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Problem with Reign of Fire (BD)

Fratar

Hello,

I just purchased Anydvdhd for a new computer I'm building with an LG combo BL/HD drive (H20L). I put a BL disc in (Reign of Fire) and when I try to rip it Anydvd times out. What can I do to fix this? Thanks.

Joe

Thanks. I have't tried because I don't think my Samsung DLP is hdcp compliant, so I need to remove the protection before playing. But the computer doesn't freeze, I just get a message that AnyDVD isn't responding.

Thanks. I have't tried because I don't think my Samsung DLP is hdcp compliant, so I need to remove the protection before playing. But the computer doesn't freeze, I just get a message that AnyDVD isn't responding.

Yeah, but I'm wondering if Windows can see the disc when Anydvd isn't installed. I'm not asking you to play the disc.

a) Keep your license key file backed up safely
b) Uninstall Anydvd (start-->all programs-->Slysoft--->Anydvd-->Uninstall)
c) Reboot
d) Check to see if your system ("my computer") now reports a disc in drive. Do you see a proper disc structure? Do you see folders or files?

If the answer is "no" to "d)", then Anydvd isn't your problem. As Anydvd is not on your system, Anydvd can't interfere or block the reading process. Possibly your reader or burner is slowing dying, the original disc is bad, or a number of other possibilities exist as well (including messed up ide/sata busdrivers, bad cable on the back of the drive, etc.)

If the answer is "yes", click http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=9061 and follow the steps (note that step 4 requires you to post information)

2. Also check to ensure the disc isn't bad: click
http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=12460

Last edited:
I had the same problem I think.

See my thread here:

http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=15359&highlight=GGC-H20L&page=2

I also was unable to play Reign of Fire. I tried 3 different discs and all were the same. The drive reads the disc a little and then nothing. I even updated the firmware on the drive and still nothing. Not an AnyDVD thing but I’m sure folks would like to know that some LG drives just will not read some movies. It’s the only HD drive I have so I can’t try them in a set top player but I’m guessing they would work.

Today I just got One Missed Call and it does the same thing. So far after many HD and BR discs these are the only two that behave this way. The movie 300 HD-DVD/DVD had issues but at least it saw the disc and there were more folks having the same issues.

Giving more detail will be nice. Also it may be possible your drive is slowly dying. Try another disk and put the results back on this form.
Originally written by Webslinger
Before posting about your problem, please do some of us a favour so that we can help you better.
Follow the steps, and answer the following questions in your post (especially 5 and 6 please):

1) Ensure you're using the lastest version of Anydvd. Check the sticky at the top of this forum.

2) Remove packet writing software from your system (including Roxio Directcd, Nero's Incd, DragtoDisc, Drive Letter Access (DLA), CyberLink InstantBurn, etc.)

3) Specify the a)full title, b)region code, c) country, and d) release date of the disc that you're experiencing issues with.

4) Click the red fox icon in your system tray. Select "status" on the left hand side of your screen. With the problematic disc inserted in your computer, click the appropriate drive tab letter (the drive containing the disc) in Anydvd HD. In the window below the drive letter (just right click in the window and choose "select all" and then "copy"), copy and paste (right click, select "paste") the information into your next reply on these forums.

5) State the full a)error message(s) you encountered, b)tell us what program(s) you were using when you received the error message(s), c) provide version numbers of those programs and d) describe in detail what you were doing when you received the error message(s).

6) Post the Anydvd zip log file to the forums:

a) Ensure Anydvd is running.
b) Put the problematic original disc in your optical drive/reader. Wait for Anydvd to scan the disc.
c) Right click the red fox icon on your toolbar.
d) Select "Create Logfile"
e) Wait for Anydvd to create a log file.
f) A pop-up screen will appear. Take note of the location where Anydvd created the logfile and the logfile's name. Click "ok".
g) Go to your My Documents folder
h) You will see a zip file called "Anydvd_Info_titleofmydisc.zip" (or something similar; see step f)
i) When replying or posting in the Slysoft forums, look for the icon that looks like
j) If you don't see that paperclip icon, click the "go advanced" button. You should see that icon now. Click the paperclip.
k) A small pop-up screen should appear (if it doesn't please ensure your browser is enabled to allow pop-ups from the Slysoft forums)
l) Click the "Browse" button, and locate and select the .zip file you created.
m) click "upload"

8 ) Before posting, please use the "search" function on these boards. Many answers are available already.

Answer the question given on 2,3,5

I have a new LG H2Ol as well and neither Reign of Fire nor Underworld Unrated Extended is working. I'm suspecting it may be the drive itself but I'm not sure how to prove it. I can find the direct with the move name in the icon in the My Computer folder and the drive has played regular dvd's, but when I insert a Blu-Ray disc anyDVD goes through its motions on the status bar and seems to work, here is the status window:

Summary for drive E: (AnyDVD 6.4.1.2)
HL-DT-ST BDDVDRW GGC-H20L 1.02 411227075781R21729
Drive (Hardware) Region: 1

Media is a Blu-Ray disc.
Total size: 11956256 sectors (23352 MBytes)
Video Blu-ray label: FOR1NNE1
Media is AACS protected!
Removed AACS copy protection!

But when the movies try to play PowerDVD errors out with an Unsupported Format error. I think I've followed the instructions correctly to include the log file, let me know if I haven't. Then when I try to use AnyDVD to rip it to my hard drive I get an error that "AnyDVD has stopped working" A problem has caused anyDVD to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available. Then you click close program and the rest of the computer is fine but you have to reboot to see any action from AnyDVD again.
Any help would be great. Thanks.

Joe

Attachments

• AnyDVD_Info_E_FOR1NNE1.zip
    20.8 KB · Views: 6
Please try the bad disc guide in my signature on this disc.

CLBStor (system32\DRIVERS\CLBStor.sys), Version: 5.0.0.5 (5.0.0.5)
Company: Cyberlink Co.,Ltd.
Copyright: Copyright(C) Cyberlink Co.,Ltd.
Description: Cyberlink Storage Helper Driver (WindowsNT5.x)
FileVersion: 5.0.0.5.0.0.30044
ProductVersion: 5.0.0.5.0.0.30044

From CyberLink InstantBurn's packet writing software . . . packet writing software in general is bad news and interferes with a lot of programs including Slysoft's. If you want drag-and-drop functionality, use dvd-ram instead (with a FAT file format), which is more stable.

1. i) Create a backup of your registry
ii) Download imgburn. It's a free program: http://www.imgburn.com/index.php?act=download
(it's also an excellent program imo)
iii) Go to Tools > Filter Driver Load Order. Select "clbstor". Click "Remove Selected Filter". Click "ok".
iv) Reboot

Keep in mind whatever program installed that filter may no longer work properly.

2. Click the red fox icon on your toolbar. Click "default". Click "ok".

Ver: 7.3.3516b.0

Update Powerdvd

From CyberLink InstantBurn's packet writing software . . . packet writing software in general is bad news and interferes with a lot of programs including Slysoft's. If you want drag-and-drop functionality, use dvd-ram instead (with a FAT file format), which is more stable.

1. i) Create a backup of your registry
ii) Download imgburn. It's a free program: http://www.imgburn.com/index.php?act=download
(it's also an excellent program imo)
iii) Go to Tools > Filter Driver Load Order. Select "clbstor". Click "Remove Selected Filter". Click "ok".
iv) Reboot

Keep in mind whatever program installed that filter may no longer work properly.

2. Click the red fox icon on your toolbar. Click "default". Click "ok".

Update Powerdvd

Sorry about posting in multiple areas. Can I pick this one and stick with it? I followed your instructions and updating PowerDVD did the trick for video playback. Thank you very much. There's a for the trees comment somewhere there. AnyDVD is not ripping the movie though. I followed your instructions to take it off and reinstall then installing IMG and deleting the filter and rebooting. I'm still getting the same error message that AnyDVD has stopped working. Any ideas? Thanks again.

Joe

That doesn't mean much. Please see the bad disc guide in my signature.

I'm at the part where I'm supposed to "mount" the image with Daemon Tools Lite" and I don't know what that means or how to do it. Please explain.

Thanks,
Joe

I'm at the part where I'm supposed to "mount" the image with Daemon Tools Lite" and I don't know what that means or how to do it. Please explain.

Thanks,
Joe

Sorry, I figured it out. It played perfectly. Any other ideas why I can't rip it?

Thanks,
Joe

You need to install Daemon Tools first and foremost.

http://www.daemon-tools.cc/dtcc/download.php?mode=ViewCategory&catid=5

Once it's installed, you click on the system tray icon for daemon tools, and then you can select the ISO you just created to mount it.

If you've successfully created the image with AnyDVD disabled, something seems wrong and it's not necessarily a bad disc. We'll have to keep digging.

Back