• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Dawn of War - Soulstorm

dmmueller

1. ver 3.0.0.7
2. Dawn of War - Soulstorm
3. v1.0
4. DVD
5. US
6. from ProtectionID_v6.0_xmas_beta: "C:\Program Files\THQ\Dawn of War - Soulstorm\Soulstorm.exe Suspicious MZ Header SecuROM Detected - Version 07.35.0007 Possible CD/DVD-Key or Serial Check"
7. Windows XP SP2
8. AMD Athlon 64 4000+
9a. 1st:Original disc could not be found or authenticated.
9b. 2nd: Emulator detected! Please deactivate virtual drive and emulation software.
10. Lite-on DVDRW SOHW-1673S FW JS0D

Moderator, would you please move this to "Games that won't work with SlySoft's GameJackal"

Thx

Moderator, would you please move this to "Games that won't work with SlySoft's GameJackal"

Thx

No. This is an issue that requires troubleshooting. Game Jackal should support all Securerom games. There may be a bug in Game Jackal currently, but it's not as though this game is Tages or Starforce protected, which Game Jackal doesn't support at all currently. When GameJackal 3.0.0.8 is released, give it a try, and if that doesn't work, then answer these questions please: click http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=4824

I'll be able to give it a go in a couple of weeks. If it still has issues, I'll submit the additional info.

Thx

Addendum: This game may require you to unlock capture mode and make multiple passes to keep it from asking for the disk.

Thanks Webslinger, grabbing and installing that today.

Addendum: This game may require you to unlock capture mode and make multiple passes to keep it from asking for the disk.

Thanks Webslinger, grabbing and installing that today.

3.0.0.9 fixed a problem with my profile not working every other time I rebooted.

Have you encountered any freshly broken profiles because of the update, Webslinger?

Have you encountered any freshly broken profiles because of the update, Webslinger?

No, but granted, my profiles are mostly for Securom games. I was having problems with NWN2 and Bioshock, for example, on a Vista 64 bit ultimate system (that system has a fair number of drives on it).

Cool, thanks. I don't mind it, just every now and then there will be an update that makes me have to update most of my profiles. Just a nuisance, not a complaint or anything, looking to put it off till the official release if it was happening :)

3.0.0.9 fixed a problem with my profile not working every other time I rebooted.

I still have to occasionally throw in the disc with this version too, but at least it in not spitting out the detected emulation software message, just the "Original disc could not be found or authenticated." More passes to go, I guess. I may try another mode (other than auto) to see what this is trying to pick up from the DVD.

I too am getting the 'original disc could not be found or authenticated' message on 3.0.0.9. Don't have time to do a full write up ATM, but it's the same version and game as the OP. Full write up when I check again if you need it, thanks :)

9b. 2nd: Emulator detected! Please deactivate virtual drive and emulation software.

If you have virtual drives, disable them while profiling and playing profiles. This includes Daemon Tools, Alcohol 120%, Virtual Clonedrive, Clonecdtray, VSO's EZ Play (comes with Blindwrite), and possibly Anydvd. These are programs that are typically blacklisted by copy protections.

Hi Webslinger,

No disc emulation software loaded or resident (Nero ImageDrive is disabled) when I received the original message, though I have seen this time to time as they update Securom versions.

Matt, thanks for the continual updates.

Regards

I see the following on 3.0.1.1. If I put the DVD in, it will run fine through GJ and recapture the disc info, but I'll get these messages again within a day or two and have to pop the disc in again for capture. I have NOT reprofiled since upgrading to 3.0.1.1.

Original disc could not be found or authenticated.

Emulator detected!
Please deactivate virtual drive and emulation software.

Game Jackal Launcher log file
Log date - 4/17/2008 7:12:40 PM

[4/17/2008 7:12:40 PM] Launcher starting...
[4/17/2008 7:12:40 PM] Program - C:\Program Files\THQ\Dawn of War - Soulstorm\Soulstorm.exe
[4/17/2008 7:12:40 PM] Parameters -
[4/17/2008 7:12:40 PM] Directory - C:\Program Files\THQ\Dawn of War - Soulstorm
[4/17/2008 7:12:40 PM] Processor mask - 0
[4/17/2008 7:12:40 PM] MaplomH -
[4/17/2008 7:12:40 PM] Debug - True
[4/17/2008 7:12:40 PM] Cmdline - "C:\Program Files\THQ\Dawn of War - Soulstorm\Soulstorm.exe"
[4/17/2008 7:12:40 PM] Process will not be created in a suspended state.
[4/17/2008 7:12:40 PM] MaplomH.dll/MaplomHL.dll not in use!
[4/17/2008 7:12:40 PM] Debug - ProcessHandle = 128
[4/17/2008 7:12:40 PM] Debug - ThreadHandle = 132
[4/17/2008 7:12:40 PM] Debug - ProcessID = 2132
[4/17/2008 7:12:40 PM] Debug - ThreadID = 2232
[4/17/2008 7:12:40 PM] Debug - Process is NOT 64-bit

I recommend reprofiling, and if that doesn't work, update to 3.0.1.2. beta when it comes out and reprofile again.

No luck :(

Re-profiled with 3.0.1.2 beta. It worked before a reboot. Then I got:

"Emulator detected!
Please deactivate virtual drive and emulation software."

I do keep the temporary directories pretty clean (usually with ccleaner), and it looks like this game stores three file in %temp%

drm_dialogs.dll
drm_dyndata_7350007.dll
temp.ani

These do get recreated by Game Jackal.

If I unlock the capture mode, a recapture will allow me to play without the DVD for a time (not session, but temp directory cleaning and reboot)

Back