• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Lars and the Real Girl

Clams

I thought the premise was silly, and that it would iether suck or be tasteless.

What we got instead, was the most origional romantic comedy of the season. A very uplifting tale that leaves you feeling that people may just do the right thing to help thier friends through tough times.

And to boot there is no "villian" in the film, no sex, no violence etc...

I don't like chick flicks as a rule, but this one got past me with 2 thumbs up. Clean entertainment for the whole family - PG - don't even need the 13.

-W

I thought the premise was silly, and that it would iether suck or be tasteless.

What we got instead, was the most origional romantic comedy of the season. A very uplifting tale that leaves you feeling that people may just do the right thing to help thier friends through tough times.

And to boot there is no "villian" in the film, no sex, no violence etc...

I don't like chick flicks as a rule, but this one got past me with 2 thumbs up. Clean entertainment for the whole family - PG - don't even need the 13.

-W

Yeah, I wasn't inclined to see this movie but I saw a review on a local channel today. I'm definitely going to be checking it out. :)

Well, I finally managed to see the movie. I was very impressed by it although I can see it not being hugely popular. You have to be in the right mood when you sit down to watch it.

I was expecting more of a comedy when i heard the premise. Instead I got a very touching movie. Totally enjoyed it.

I was expecting more of a comedy when i heard the premise. Instead I got a very touching movie. Totally enjoyed it.

I'm glad to hear you say this. My impression from the only trailer I had seen made it out to just be a comedy and I wasn't interested.

When I saw it reviewed the movie was discussed in a whole new light and that's what made me interested. It was definitely a quiet and touching movie. Ryan Gosling did an absolutely amazing job and the casting was superb.

This movie definitely goes on my list of lesser/unknown movies that deserve far more credit and attention than they've been given. The top movie on this list is Cashback which I saw when it was released. More recently Amazon listed Cashback as "One of the best movies you've never heard of".

Back