• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Basic question for most, but I am confused

stixx

Hello everyone - I recently downloaded the trial version of AnyDVD HD. I am in the process of trying to build a gaming/HTPC, and would like to rip various HD-DVD/Blu-Ray disks to my server so I can access them from any TV in the house.

So, last night I ripped a HD-DVD using AnyDVD - worked flawlessly. However, when I navigated PowerDVD (Ultra ver 7.3) to the folder where the files were saved, the "OK" button was still ghosted. Thus, I have not been able to figure out how to play the files I have ripped.

Can anyone offer some suggestions?

What version are you using?Playback from the hard drive was removed after version 3319, so if your version is after that, then you cannot playback from the hard drive directly. What you can do is burn the files to an image using imgburn and setting the file system to UDF 2.5. Then use Daemon tools to mount the disc.

Thx for the response!

Ill check what version I have when I get back home tonight. If it is a subsequent version, I think I understand the next steps you describe.

Thx!

Still having issues. I have attached a screen shot of what I am seeing when I try to play back the HD-DVD files ripped with AnyDVD HD

SlyFox1.jpg

Again, the issue Im having is that the "OK" button in PowerDVD is ghosted.

If the ok button is greyed out, it means there is nothing in that file that it can read. Right click on the screen and go to the about button. Then click on your name and new info will pop up. The 3rd line should say dvd version and then a number. Could you please find out what that number. It should say 7.3.xxxx. If the xxxx number is higher than 3319 then what you are trying to do has been removed.

If the ok button is greyed out, it means there is nothing in that file that it can read. Right click on the screen and go to the about button. Then click on your name and new info will pop up. The 3rd line should say dvd version and then a number. Could you please find out what that number. It should say 7.3.xxxx. If the xxxx number is higher than 3319 then what you are trying to do has been removed.

and if this is the case then you need to use imgburn or clonecd to make an ISO of the disc and then mount it using Daemon tools to playback in any newer version of Powerdvd, youll want to do it this way if you wish to acess newer features on a bluray disc but if you dont want to do it this way then just find a older version of powerdvd preferably 3319a.

The version shows simply as 7.3. See below:

SlyFox2.jpg

You need one more click. Right on that window, click on your name, and you will find the version build (like 7.3.3319a or 7.3.3730, etc.). We say "versions" of PowerDVD when we mention 3319a or 3730a, but we really mean "builds".

Anyway, it's almost certain that you just have a post-3319a build. Those don't let you play from folder. Once you ripped the movie or built an ISO out of the folder, you'll need to mount it with Daemon Tools as said, but you'll need to play it from PowerDVD as if it were a disc, not a folder. It will show up as a disc in a new (virtual) DVD/BD drive.

Thanks again - I will check once again when I return home.

also if your having problems creating the ISO or converting ripped files into an ISO file check out the frequently asked questions STICKY at the begining of the forum and itll give you all the tips you need

Another thought - are there other HD/BR players that will play the Video-TS files without converting to iso?

Back