• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Can't read CSS protected DVD

charlemagne

I have a CSS protected DVD, that I cannot read with AnyDVD 6.4.1.2. Is this a known problem or am I just lucky?

Any help is appreciated.

Please accept my regrets at being so dumb. I am attaching some of the requested information for the/your record although it appears that the problem may be with Nero and not AnyDVD.

I have been using the Nero 7 suite, and have always used Nero Express which appeared as the default. After it quit today, I tested with Nero Burning Rom, which although it found two "unrecoverable read errors", went on to burn the disk. I have not attempted to play the disc so I don't know yet what results I have. I have never previously encountered a problem with the combination of AnyDVD and Nero Express except for the defective AnyDVD version last year.

This is the disc information:

Summary for drive D: (AnyDVD 6.4.1.2)
LITE-ON COMBO SOHC-5232K NK0E AUG11 ,2004
Drive (Hardware) Region: 1

Media is a DVD.
Booktype: dvd-rom (version 1), Layers: 2 (opposite)
Size of first Layer: 1976608 sectors (3860 MBytes)
Total size: 3897200 sectors (7611 MBytes)

Video DVD (or CD) label: DGG-Samson_et_Dalila
Media is CSS protected!
Video Standard: NTSC
Media is locked to region(s): 1 2 3 4 5 6!

RCE protection not found.
Structural copy protection not found.
Autorun not found on Video DVD.
Bad sector protection not found.
Emulating RPC-2 drive with region 1!

Anyhow, to repeat, it would appear that the problem is with Nero, but just in case, here is the data.

Chuck

Attachments

• AnyDVD_Info_D_DGG-Samson_et_Dalila.zip
    81.9 KB · Views: 4
I see nothing that stands out when I look at the logs. The status window with the protections also looks just fine. There is no structural protections. Essentially the disc only has CSS which AnyDVD will remove.

You can try the following:

1. Download Nero CD-DVD Speed 4.7.7.15 (freeware).
  2. Extract it to wherever you wish
  3. Run the program
  4. Select the ScanDisc tab
  5. Place the original DVD in your DVD drive
  6. Select that drive from the Nero CD-DVD Speed interface
  7. Click Start

Any red boxes that appear are errors. Report back on the results.

Back