• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

DVD to MPEG-2

tinmanx2

Hi,
I want to to rip my DVDs into my hard drive directly into mpeg2 format instead of the Video_TS format. I'm streaming to my Xbox 360 and mpeg2 works great. Is there any way that CloneDVD can do this? I'm playing with it but I don't see a place were I can tweak the output format.

tmx

Hi,
I want to to rip my DVDs into my hard drive directly into mpeg2 format instead of the Video_TS format.

There's no such thing as a video_ts format. That's a file folder. The dvd-video standard uses mpeg-2 compression by default, and Clonedvd doesn't convert anything. Clonedvd retains the format on the original dvd.

Thanks for the prompt response.

I see... It sounds like what I need is a media format converter then. Thanks!

Awesome! I'll give it a try. Thanks!

Just make sure the box is unticked where it splits the output into chapters. Rip using VOB passthrough with CloneDVD mobile and then rename the large .VOB file to .MPEG and you should be set.

Last edited:
Back