• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Wolf Creek Region B Problem

achilles78

Beta Tester
I ripped this with 6.4.1.2. Chose Region B manually as this disc is listed as being region locked. Burned to BD-RE. Won't playback in my PS3 but does open in Powerdvd8. Burned twice - same result.

No errors on the Anydvd status window - stated removed aacs and region set to B. PS3 loads the disc then just gets stuck on a blank screen, pressing the menu buttons does nothing. Haven't had this issue before with a rip.

Any ideas what could be wrong? Should I post any files from the rip - if so which so someone can determine the issue?

Did you use Nero to burn? Did you remember to choose "UDF 2.5", "Physical Partition", "No Multisession" and "Finalize Disc"?

No, I used Imgburn, as usual which hasn't given me a problem before. UDF settings correct etc.

Also look at http://bluray.liesinc.net/index.php?region=b. Relevant info at bottom of page. Note states NTSC player has problem playing this one ??? Bluray discs are usually neither format for film, unless you consider the SD extras could be in either 25 or 30 fps. Could this be the problem as my PS3 is NTSC version? Can't find any more info. Any ideas?

Nah, if you remove the region, and make sure you're using the very latest AnyDVD (which removes java region checks too), then it should be fine. I only got by BD burner recently and have only burnt 1 thing, which I authored and encoded myself, and it turned out fine. (I did also backup "Meet The Robinsons" which had a few problems since it was split up into many files, but nevertheless it still played).

I don't think it's a region issue. The problem with the PS3 is that, for DVDs anyway, an NTSC machine will not play PAL at all, and vice versa, even if the disc itself is region free. Such a stupid limitation as I'm sure the hardware is perfectly able to do this, but Sony seems to have decided not to allow this.

If PAL (presumably R2 for DVD) PS3s can't play NTSC, how do they handle Japanese and other NTSC R2 DVDs? Are Sony crippling the machines?

The problem with the PS3 is that, for DVDs anyway, an NTSC machine will not play PAL at all, and vice versa, even if the disc itself is region free.

Total bull.... check "The New Twilight Zone" Region 4 Australia, Season 1/2/3.. It's NTSC, works fine.

Well my "NTSC" region A/2 (Japanese) PS3 will only play NTSC DVDs. That was before anyway - haven't attempted with the latest firmware updates. Will go and test now.

Yes - just attempted to play a PAL DVD - "Video in the PAL broadcast standard is not supported" message on clicking the DVD icon.

Still, I don't get any message on screen trying to play the Wolf Creek Blu-ray - just sits on a blank screen...

Yes - just attempted to play a PAL DVD - "Video in the PAL broadcast standard is not supported" message on clicking the DVD icon.

Still, I don't get any message on screen trying to play the Wolf Creek Blu-ray - just sits on a blank screen...

Sure that's not a message from your TV? Or maybe that's the way the American consoles are, but not the Aust ones.

US PS3's don't support PAL on DVD, it always comes up with that message about PAL not being supported

Back