• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Having trouble cloning AVP 1

urgatorbait06

hello i am having trouble cloning the first alien vs predator i am using anydvd and clonedvd and it keeps on giving me bad sector reading or something.

Attachments

• AnyDVD_Info_E_ALIEN_VS_PREDATOR.zip
    96 KB · Views: 4
That error message implies the original disc is bad even if it plays fine.

Here are your options (in order of likelyhood):

A. The original disc is bad even if it plays fine. Exchange it.

B. The disc is dirty. Clean it.

C. Your drive is slowly dying. Try a different drive.

D. The cable on the back of your drive is bad. Exchange it.

hello i am having trouble cloning the first alien vs predator i am using anydvd and clonedvd and it keeps on giving me bad sector reading or something.

Please be more specific about the error message. I need to know the exact error message. Click on the details button and include that information, as well.

Probably. I just don't see a problem in the log files.

I also just ripped the 2004 WS release with the alternate ending. Sadly, the disc is abused since it was purchased used but I had no issues with the full-disc rip. :)

Summary for drive Z: (AnyDVD 6.4.1.2)
PLEXTOR DVDRPX-760A 1.07 08/18/0715:10
Drive (Hardware) Region: 1

Media is a DVD.
Booktype: dvd-rom (version 1), Layers: 2 (opposite)
Size of first Layer: 2074976 sectors (4052 MBytes)
Total size: 3832613 sectors (7485 MBytes)

Video DVD (or CD) label: ALIEN_VS_PREDATOR
Media is CSS protected!
Video Standard: NTSC
Media is locked to region(s): 1!

Found & removed RCE protection!
Structural copy protection not found.
Found & removed Autorun from Video DVD!
Bad sector protection not found.
Emulating RPC-2 drive with region 1!

Probably. I just don't see a problem in the log files.

Right. You won't unless the damage on the disc affects Anydvd reading the protection and/or disc structure. Obviously scanning a disc and ripping a disc are more thorough with respect to finding CRC read errors than the process Anydvd takes to produce log files.

Last edited:
Thank you

k thank you guys for help. i cleaned off disc and ripped the full dvd and it worked perfectly. thank you all for your help!!!

Back