• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

CHARLIE WILSONS WAR With info...

PuNiSh3R

Summary for drive D: (AnyDVD 6.4.1.2)
Drive (Hardware) Region: 1

Media is a DVD.
Booktype: dvd-rom (version 1), Layers: 2 (opposite)
Size of first Layer: 1971232 sectors (3850 MBytes)
Total size: 3900049 sectors (7617 MBytes)

Video DVD (or CD) label: CHARLIE_WILSONS_WAR
Media is CSS protected!
Video Standard: NTSC
Media is locked to region(s): 1!

RCE protection not found.
Structural copy protection not found.
Autorun not found on Video DVD.
Bad sector protection not found.
Emulating RPC-2 drive with region 1!

Full disc back up using anydvd 6.4.1.2 and clonedvd2 2.9.1.7
Happy Burning :rock:

Charlie Wilson's War--too large to copy

Hi, and many thanks for having this available--I can copy this, but when I try to write, I get a message to the effect that the file is too large to write to the media--does this mean I need to get double-layer media to write to or is there another solution to the problem. Please forgive my ignorance of how this works--I'm new to all of this--thanks a million for any insight you can share--have a super day--best regards--

Hi, and many thanks for having this available--I can copy this, but when I try to write, I get a message to the effect that the file is too large to write to the media--does this mean I need to get double-layer media to write to or is there another solution to the problem. Please forgive my ignorance of how this works--I'm new to all of this--thanks a million for any insight you can share--have a super day--best regards--

If you ripped the movie with the AnyDVD ripper then, yes, you need a DVD DL blank or you need to transcode/re-encode to DVD-5 (SL DVD). If you used CloneDVD then make sure you set the output to DVD5 or, again, burn to a DVD DL disc.

Summary for drive D: (AnyDVD 6.4.1.2)
Drive (Hardware) Region: 1

Media is a DVD.
Booktype: dvd-rom (version 1), Layers: 2 (opposite)
Size of first Layer: 1971232 sectors (3850 MBytes)
Total size: 3900049 sectors (7617 MBytes)

Video DVD (or CD) label: CHARLIE_WILSONS_WAR
Media is CSS protected!
Video Standard: NTSC
Media is locked to region(s): 1!

RCE protection not found.
Structural copy protection not found.
Autorun not found on Video DVD.
Bad sector protection not found.
Emulating RPC-2 drive with region 1!

Full disc back up using anydvd 6.4.1.2 and clonedvd2 2.9.1.7
Happy Burning :rock:

Ty :D great movie by the way. copied fine

Last edited by a moderator:
For Drinklye--many thanks

Thanks very much for your help!! It worked just as you said it would--I sure appreciate your fine and fast support--take it easy and have a great evening--best regards-- doug

Thanks very much for your help!! It worked just as you said it would--I sure appreciate your fine and fast support--take it easy and have a great evening--best regards-- doug

I'm glad to have been of help. You are welcome. :)

If you are using double layer blanks, you should not be using CloneDVD. If you want a copy which is as close as possible to the original (a true "backup"), you should use a 1:1 copier like CloneCD or ImgBurn (freeware).

CloneDVD loses (among other things):

- Layer break
- Original file and volume dates and times
- Mastering info
- "Short" disc ID
- Anything not in VIDEO_TS (DVD-ROM content)

I think CloneDVD is kind of misnamed as it's really a remastering and reencoding program, not a 1:1 "clone" program. CloneCD is also misnamed because it clones DVD's as well as CD's.

Also note that BB is having a sale on SL Verbatims all this week. Personally, when I back up a DVD I'm only interested in the movie I bought it to see - not all the ads and trailers and crap that came on the disk in an attempt to sell me something. In most cases, the movie itself (with the 5.1 audio stream) will compress to fit on a SL DVD with a bare minimal loss in quality - many fit with no compression. I still maintain that DL burning is not as reliable as SL burning - and that any resulting coasters are just too expensive.

-W

Back