• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

A new version is avaliable (popup)

Goris

Hi,

Every couple of hours or when i switch on the computer AnyDVD pops up saying there is a new version avaliable 6.4.1.11 , but there is none ? :confused:

Hi webslinger,

I'm using the version 6.4.1.2. When the system starts up it pops up a balloon saying a new version 6.4.1.11 is avaliable, but when I click it it takes me to the AnyDVD download page which now has 6.4.1.2 :confused:

Quick! Hold on to it, you've accessed the internal closed super-secret beta that lets you not only remove protection, but also remove the clothes of the actresses.

By the way, when are we going to see that feature?

Let's have a look

Hi webslinger,

I'm using the version 6.4.1.2. When the system starts up it pops up a balloon saying a new version 6.4.1.11 is avaliable, but when I click it it takes me to the AnyDVD download page which now has 6.4.1.2 :confused:

Would you be so kind to get me a screen shot of that pop-up please?

Press/hold CTRL and then press "prtscrn" key

release the keys, click start > all programs > paint

click edit > paste

select the file type "JPG" please and give the image the name "popup".

Attach that here (or open a support ticket and ask for me).

Thanks.

Hi webslinger,

Do what Frank says, and also hover your mouse icon over the red fox icon to ensure you are using 6.4.1.2.

What you're describing is pretty weird, and that's not happening to me on three different computers.

Hi,

I restarted the system to get the popup again.
Here's the printscreen : 52o1og.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Update to 6.4.1.2 and your problems will be solved. If you are already using this version then delete the program , save your liscense key, and reinstall.

Re-downloaded, Uninstalled, Re-installed ... Same problem.

Confirmed.

I've been informed by Jill that this issue will be fixed shortly.

Thank you for letting people know, and sorry for the inconvenience.

Last edited:
Confirmed.

I've been informed by Jill that this issue will be fixed shortly.

Thank you for letting people know, and sorry for the inconvenience.

Well, there was actually no issue to be fixed, we just had to exclude that there *is* any issue on our end. ;)

We see that you are using Firefox browser. Please use Microsoft Internet Explorer instead and there, copy and paste the following URL: http://update.slysoft.com/update/AnyDVD.ver
If you still see version 6.4.1.11, please empty your Internet Explorer cache, close and reopen your Internet Explorer and copy and paste the URL again: http://update.slysoft.com/update/AnyDVD.ver
There should be a difference in version numbers now.

If that does not help please reinstall AnyDVD once more, redownload the setup.exe again, run the new one and reboot your computer.

If all of that still does not help please look up the URL above again and tell us which version your Internet Explorer is showing.

Well, there was actually no issue to be fixed, we just had to exclude that there *is* any issue on our end. ;)

We see that you are using Firefox browser. Please use Microsoft Internet Explorer instead and there, copy and paste the following URL: http://update.slysoft.com/update/AnyDVD.ver
If you still see version 6.4.1.11, please empty your Internet Explorer cache, close and reopen your Internet Explorer and copy and paste the URL again: http://update.slysoft.com/update/AnyDVD.ver

If that does not help please reinstall AnyDVD once more, redownload the setup.exe again, run the new one and reboot your computer.

If all of that still does not help please look up the URL above again and tell us which version your Internet Explorer is showing.

I have not had any issues with the pop-up about an existing update however I did as you noted above and according to IE 7.0.5730.11 under Windows XP Pro SP2 with all updates the webpage says: "VER:6.4.1.1". :confused:

Edit: Sorry, is what you wrote a typo when you made your post or we don't want to see "VER:6.4.1.11" and that was inadvertently listed at one point?

Last edited:

It says :

VER:6.4.1.1

Edit: Sorry, is what you wrote a typo when you made your post or we don't want to see "VER:6.4.1.11" and that was inadvertently listed at one point?[/QUOTE]

We don't want to see this version 6.4.1.11, as there is no such version.
Goris seems to have some data salad on his local computer, we just wanted to ensure that we don't contribute anything to make this worse.

Goris, great that you don't see the wrong version in your IE. Now, after having emptied the cache in your Internet Explorer, redownloading, reinstallation, reboot: do you still get that weird update notification?
If so, please list all antivirus software, firewalls, other security software and any other software related to how you connect to the internet.
Which versions of Internet Explorer and Firefox do you use?

Last edited:
We don't want to see this version 6.4.1.11, as there is no such version.
Goris seems to have some data salad on his local computer, we just wanted to ensure that we don't contribute anything to make this worse.

Goris, great that you don't see the wrong version in your IE. Now, after having emptied the cache in your Internet Explorer, redownloading, reinstallation, reboot: do you still get that weird update notification?
If so, please list all antivirus software, firewalls, other security software and any other software related to how you connect to the internet.
Which versions of Internet Explorer and Firefox do you use?

- Emtied the cache in IE and Firefox.
- Redownloaded
- Reinstalled
- Rebooted
- Anti Virus : Avira AntiVir Premium 8
- Firewall and HIPS : Online Armor paid
- Local Proxy : The Proxomitron (even bypassed, same result)

Result in Firefox 2.0.0.14: VER:6.4.1.1
Result in IE 7 : VER:6.4.1.1
Popup from AnyDVD HD, see above.

We are still trying to reproduce this behaviour, which is giving us a very hard time. What happens if you set your proxy to "automatic detection"? The main issue we have is that AnyDVD actually "sees" the same version as the Internet Explorer and thus actually cannot see a version that does not exist, but we keep on trying.

Back