• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Copying DVDS created by AnyDVD/CloneDVD

mrcaw

Hi there,

First time user of this forum. Please forgive if I blunder!

I frequently use AnyDVD & CloneDVD to burn copies of regular "movie" dvds that I OWN and ahve purchased from video stores, etc.

I was wondering, if I took one of these DVDs that I had burned and placed it into someone elses burnable DVD Drive who did NOT have AnyDVD or CloneDVD loaded on their pc, would that pc be able to make copies of the DVD I had created via AnyDVD/Clone DVD?

Or would this PC that did not have AnyDVD/CloneDVD loaded on it, treat my DVD just like the original "movie" DVD and be unable to burn it?

Thanks!

Last edited:
if a dvd does not have any protection on it,it can be copied without decryption being needed.
if I took one of these DVDs that I had burned and placed it into someone elses burnable DVD Drive who did NOT have AnyDVD or CloneDVD loaded on their pc, would that pc be able to make copies of the DVD I had created via AnyDVD/Clone DVD?

the 'tone' of the question makes it sound like you wanna let someone else make a copy of the disc.

Last edited:
Further clarification requested..

if a dvd does not have any protection on it,it can be copied without decryption being needed.

the 'tone' of the question makes it sound like you wanna let someone else make a copy of the disc.

Actually I inteneded to imply just the opposite. I DON'T want others to be able to make backups of the DVD I created using AnyDVD/CloneDVD. So the question is: When I do the backup DVD of the original soruce DVD, does AnyDVD/CloneDVD also transfer all the security restriction codes, just like the original source DVD had? Or does it mean that any DVD that I create from an original source protected DVD (that I OWN of course) is able then to be copied from anyone who has a burnable DVD even without AnyDVD/Clone DVD software.

I was kinda hoping AnyDVD/CLone DVD would transfer over all that secuirty info to my new DVD. Thanks for your help

Actually I inteneded to imply just the opposite. I DON'T want others to be able to make backups of the DVD I created using AnyDVD/CloneDVD. So the question is: When I do the backup DVD of the original soruce DVD, does AnyDVD/CloneDVD also transfer all the security restriction codes, just like the original source DVD had? Or does it mean that any DVD that I create from an original source protected DVD (that I OWN of course) is able then to be copied from anyone who has a burnable DVD even without AnyDVD/Clone DVD software.

I was kinda hoping AnyDVD/CLone DVD would transfer over all that secuirty info to my new DVD. Thanks for your help

No, AnyDVD removes all security information and protections. You are left with an unprotected backup. So, yes, people could copy your unprotected backup. If you worry about people doing so then don't allow them access to your backups.

Thank you!

Thanks for the info! Didn't realize that. I had wanted to use AnyDVD/Clone DVD to make mutliple "back-ups" of an independant film I made so I could distribute them more easily by giving out those "backups" of the DVD. But I didn't realize that then anyone could just copy them. I was trying to avoid the cost of the film production company having to make multiple original source DVDS....

I frequently use AnyDVD & CloneDVD to burn copies of regular "movie" dvds that I OWN and ahve purchased from video stores, etc.
...if I took one of these DVDs that I had burned and placed it into someone elses burnable DVD Drive who did NOT have AnyDVD or CloneDVD loaded on their pc, would that pc be able to make copies of the DVD I had created via AnyDVD/Clone DVD?
my apologies.
i didn't realise it was for a film you had made.
it's just that your original question mentioned backing up dvd(s) that you had purchased from a video stores and then putting these into someone elses dvd drive and then would a copy be able to me made.

glad you got your problem solved:)

Last edited:
Frankly, even if you spend the money for extra "original" DVDs of your indie film, it will be as simple as using AnyDVD, DVDdecryptor, DVDFab or any number of decryption software that is out there, to copy your film. If someone wants to copy it, they will. So weigh the price of the extra "originals" against the inevitability of someone copying your film even if you spend the money. Good luck with your project.

Back