• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

PDVD8 - Movie Collection Feature

hlkc

Just want to hear from some of the PDVD8 users here, do you use, like or dis-like the movie collection feature in PDVD8. I assume it is still way behind compare to MM, MyMovies, in VMC. But just want to hear some feedbacks about that.

Thanks.

No. I wish it could be removed permanently. It's a waste of space. I simply want to WATCH my movies. Nothing more.

No. I wish it could be removed permanently. It's a waste of space. I simply want to WATCH my movies. Nothing more.

Agreed. The program startup speed is slowed down by this garbage, as well. I wish it had been a selective install.

I may, at some point, look into what it takes to remove it. :) My times is limited this week, unfortunately.

I'm not sure it can be disabled so easily, but, we'll certainly take a look into it. How the hell did I become the unofficial "go break PowerDVD8" guy anyway?! :D

I'm not sure it can be disabled so easily, but, we'll certainly take a look into it. How the hell did I become the unofficial "go break PowerDVD8" guy anyway?! :D

I don't know. You got demoted to "go break the software guy" from "go kill the software guy". :p

I do my best. :p This PowerDVD 8 crap shouldn't even be necessary except the morons decided to remove useful functionality and added crap that can't be removed. The irony in all this? I actually LIKE PowerDVD 8 with the HD DVD addon and without the extra crap. It's actually pretty darn nice. I know, people still want the play from folder option, but, I don't think that's going to happen for us.

I do my best. :p This PowerDVD 8 crap shouldn't even be necessary except the morons decided to remove useful functionality and added crap that can't be removed. The irony in all this? I actually LIKE PowerDVD 8 with the HD DVD addon and without the extra crap. It's actually pretty darn nice. I know, people still want the play from folder option, but, I don't think that's going to happen for us.

It's nice and would make life easier but I've already come across issues with playing from a folder when it comes to SD DVDs. PowerDVD8 is amazingly temperamental on my system. It decides some discs it will simply not play from the HDD but if I take those DVD files and make an ISO and mount it then it plays the DVD just fine. Anyway, with the prices of HDDs falling and the capacity on HDDs going up building ISOs really isn't an issue, IMHO.

Anyway, even with SD DVDs the PQ is far better with PowerDVD8 from what I can see. Hands down I'd rather use PowerDVD8 except for its annoyingly temperamental nature and the stupid MoovieLive & Movie Remix garbage.

It's nice and would make life easier but I've already come across issues with playing from a folder when it comes to SD DVDs. PowerDVD8 is amazingly temperamental on my system. It decides some discs it will simply not play from the HDD but if I take those DVD files and make an ISO and mount it then it plays the DVD just fine. Anyway, with the prices of HDDs falling and the capacity on HDDs going up building ISOs really isn't an issue, IMHO.

Anyway, even with SD DVDs the PQ is far better with PowerDVD8 from what I can see. Hands down I'd rather use PowerDVD8 except for its annoyingly temperamental nature and the stupid MoovieLive & Movie Remix garbage.

So for SD DVD, can we have AnyDVD HD enable when we back up them in ISO format and play from PDVD. In this case, we will just mount any disc regarding SD or BD and plays from PDVD. What do you think?

So for SD DVD, can we have AnyDVD HD enable when we back up them in ISO format and play from PDVD. In this case, we will just mount any disc regarding SD or BD and plays from PDVD. What do you think?

Yes. I've been doing it that way for years. :) Works great.

Yes, but I prefer to first rip thereby removing all protection, edit out anything further that I wish to remove, and then create an ISO. It means a smaller file and a cleaner backup.

I tweaked SamuriHL's MakeISO batch file to make SD DVD ISOs. Works like a charm for me. :) PowerDVD8 is just more reliable playing from the original disc or an ISO than the ripped SD DVD files.

Yes, but I prefer to first rip thereby removing all protection, edit out anything further that I wish to remove, and then create an ISO. It means a smaller file and a cleaner backup.

I tweaked SamuriHL's MakeISO batch file to make SD DVD ISOs. Works like a charm for me. :) PowerDVD8 is just more reliable playing from the original disc or an ISO than the ripped SD DVD files.

In that case just set CloneDVD to output to ISO and it'll make one for you. Technically speaking you can use CloneDVD to create an ISO from a folder but it's not as convenient as the batch file. I do need to go modify that thing to prevent the dos window from coming up. Guess I'll add that edit now.

In that case just set CloneDVD to output to ISO and it'll make one for you. Technically speaking you can use CloneDVD to create an ISO from a folder but it's not as convenient as the batch file. I do need to go modify that thing to prevent the dos window from coming up. Guess I'll add that edit now.

Yes, you could, but since I'm just doing it off the HDD from files I already ripped and I will be editing with something else first, it's quicker to use a batch file to open ImgBurn, create the ISO, and have ImgBurn close itself when it's done. I'm lazy. It involves less user interaction.

Yes, you could, but since I'm just doing it off the HDD from files I already ripped and I will be editing with something else first, it's quicker to use a batch file to open ImgBurn, create the ISO, and have ImgBurn close itself when it's done. I'm lazy. It involves less user interaction.

Considering I wrote the batch file for lazy people, that works for me. :D I just changed it to stop the stupid dos window from appearing when ImgBurn is opened.

Yes. I've been doing it that way for years. :) Works great.

I know how to do the BD based on your method. I assume when you refered SD, we will do the same way but AnyDVD HD enable when we back up the SD DVD to a single ISO, right?

DrinkLyeAndDie,

do you mind share the script for the SD?

DrinkLyeAndDie,

do you mind share the script for the SD?

Code:
@echo off
set SRC=C:\DVDs\SD
set DEST=C:\ISOs\SD
set PathToImgBurn=C:\Program Files\ImgBurn

start /d"%PathToImgBurn%\" ImgBurn.exe /MODE BUILD /BUILDMODE IMAGEFILE /SRC "%SRC%\%1" /DEST "%DEST%\%1.ISO" /FILESYSTEM "ISO9660 + UDF" /UDFREVISION "1.02" /VOLUMELABEL "%1" /CLOSE /NOIMAGEDETAILS /ROOTFOLDER "YES" /START

NOTE: The only changes needed were FILESYSTEM & UDFREVISION values since they are different for SD DVD ISO creation. Obviously, you need to alter the SRC and DEST values, as well. :)

Last edited:
I know how to do the BD based on your method. I assume when you refered SD, we will do the same way but AnyDVD HD enable when we back up the SD DVD to a single ISO, right?

No, what I was referring to is processing my DVD's with CloneDVD to remove unwanted crap and then writing them back out to ISO. Otherwise I just use ImgBurn or CloneCD to make an ISO directly from the disc. Because hdd space wasn't cheap I'd generally try to remove as much as possible and either burn them to DVD DL discs or shrink them to DVD-5. Either way I generally used ImgBurn to write them out to disc. But I always create ISOs first.

Back