• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

AnyDVD 6.4.1.2 can't handle Cloverfield R1

Status
Not open for further replies.

CandySled

Hey all just a heads up Cloverfield is due out next week, the latest version of AnyDVD (6.4.1.2) won't work with this title, you will have to wait for a update.

Don't shoot the messenger!

More accurately, you didn't get it to work. We'll just have to wait and see, won't we?:D

Hey all just a heads up Cloverfield is due out next week, the latest version of AnyDVD (6.4.1.2) won't work with this title, you will have to wait for a update.

Don't shoot the messenger!

1)
a) Ensure Anydvd is running.
b) Put the problematic original movie dvd in your burner. Wait for Anydvd to scan the disc.
c) Right click the red fox icon on your toolbar.
d) Select "Create Logfile"
e) Wait for Anydvd to create a log file.
f) A pop-up screen will appear. Take note of the location where Anydvd created the logfile and the logfile's name. Click "ok".
g) Go to your My Documents folder
h) You will see a zip file called "Anydvd_Info_titleofmydisc.zip" (or something similar; see step f)
i) When replying or posting in the Slysoft forums, look for the icon that looks like
attach.gif
(in other words, look for the paperclip after clicking "quote" or when creating a new thread)
j) If you don't see that paperclip icon, click the "go advanced" button. You should see that icon now. Click the paperclip.
k) A small pop-up screen should appear (if it doesn't please ensure your browser is enabled to allow pop-ups from the Slysoft forums)
l) Click the "Browse" button, and locate and select the .zip file you created.
m) click "upload"
n) Close the window. When you submit reply, or submit a new thread, the .zip file will be attached automatically for us to take a look at

2) State the full a)error message(s) you encountered (click "details"), b)tell us what program(s) you were using when you received the error message(s), and c) describe in detail what you were doing when you received the error message(s). What problem are you having exactly?

How do you know this?

Where is the AnyDVD status window?

Where is the AnyDVD log file?

This is a pretty meaningless post without that info.

I don't own the disc or have it right now but I was able to try it at work. I am not a noob, I know what I am doing, and there is structural copy protection on this disc that AnyDVD 6.4.1.2 can't handle yet. CloneDVD and CloneCD both fail. Just giving everyone a heads up.

1)
b) Put the problematic original movie dvd in your burner. Wait for Anydvd to scan the disc.
f) A pop-up screen will appear. Take note of the location where Anydvd created the logfile and the logfile's name. Click "ok".
h) You will see a zip file called "Anydvd_Info_titleofmydisc.zip" (or something similar; see step f)
i) When replying or posting in the Slysoft forums, look for the icon that looks like
attach.gif
(in other words, look for the paperclip after clicking "quote" or when creating a new thread)
j) If you don't see that paperclip icon, click the "go advanced" button. You should see that icon now. Click the paperclip.
k) A small pop-up screen should appear (if it doesn't please ensure your browser is enabled to allow pop-ups from the Slysoft forums)
m) click "upload"
n) Close the window. When you submit reply, or submit a new thread, the .zip file will be attached automatically for us to take a look at

2) State the full a)error message(s) you encountered (click "details"), b)tell us what program(s) you were using when you received the error message(s), and c) describe in detail what you were doing when you received the error message(s). What problem are you having exactly?

I don't own the disc or have it right now but I was able to try it at work. I am not a noob, I know what I am doing, and there is structural copy protection on this disc that AnyDVD 6.4.1.2 can't handle yet. CloneDVD and CloneCD both fail. Just giving everyone a heads up.

How about doing as webslinger suggested so there can be an update if needed instead of meaningless replies?

well i have a friend that got his hands on it today, u need to try it again cause he got it to work the whole disk no problem

well i have a friend that got his hands on it today, u need to try it again cause he got it to work the whole disk no problem

It's CandySled's first post on the forum. There seems to be a rash of troll posts going around lately and I suspect CandySled's post is one of them.

oh ok just wanted to let everyone know that anydvd will work

AFAIK, Paramount does not put anything on their discs other then CSS/APS on it. However,
it could be a first...
and, WE ALL can be proven wrong just like newline lol. You have to consider this is
a blockbuster movie therefor anything is possible. :D

We have someone saying it cannot be handled and we have someone saying it can. The disc also isn't officially released yet.

Threads like this really don't help that much when the person reporting the problem gives essentially no information. No logs, no explanation as to the error or problem encountered, no mention of the OS being used, no mention of how they ripped it, etc. Absolutely nothing. Even if there is a problem this report helps no one.

Without more information I'll stand back and wait for the official release. I don't expect there to be a problem because we have no reason to believe there will be.

Last edited:
We have someone saying it cannot be handled and we have someone saying it can. The disc also isn't officially released yet.

Threads like this really don't help that much when the person reporting the problem gives essentially no information. No logs, no explanation as to the error or problem encountered, no mention of the OS being used, no mention of how they ripped it, etc. Absolutely nothing. Even if there is a problem this report helps no one.

Without more information I'll stand back and wait for the official release. I don't expect there to be a problem because we have no reason to believe there will be.

Yeah, what he said! ;)

Yeah, my a*s won't copy either which is Slysoft's fault. I sit on the drive and try to close the tray it but it keeps breaking, so the program is at fault... :)

1)
attach.gif
m) click "upload"

Yeah, my a*s won't copy either which is Slysoft's fault. I sit on the drive and try to close the tray it but it keeps breaking, so the program is at fault... :)

Can't be the software's fault till some one posts the anydvd zip to back up their claim.

Could you supply a logfile for that please. 8)

Can't be the software's fault till some one posts the anydvd zip to back up their claim.

That is one log file I would not be looking at! No offense intended, martythebrit! :p

I'm closing the thread now because I can see this thread going off in wild directions and the premise of this thread was that AnyDVD had issues with the disc. No proof has been given that it does and it's been said that there is no issue. As such this thread really doesn't serve a purpose.

If someone who has this disc can post a log and report on their success or failure then please create a new thread and post your results. Seriously, please post a log and the exact error message if you have an issue but I really don't believe this disc should pose any problems from from I've heard from more than one person now.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back